Bernd Leno

Never. He’s not connected. Even if he wants to let believe otherwise.

3 Likes

Imagine if this DOES happen though. What was the point in selling Emi in that case? Emi actually wanted to stay

Fucking bye then :joy:

1 Like

Its another additional problem we could do without though this summer.

It’s hard to see who would buy him at the price we’d want and pay his wages.

1 Like

If true, it’s a damn shame this didn’t happen last summer :weary:

1 Like

If true it makes our choice to keep him over Emi as the wrong one for sure.

3 Likes

He has 2 years left. You don’t just decide you’re leaving. I doubt that extra year gives us a much better fee anyway.

1 Like

Will we miss him ?
Absolutely not . Good bye .

So we sold Martinez to keep Leno happy and between the sticks. Year later he wants to leave? Ffs.

2 Likes

Congrats to Leno on becoming the latest scapegoat.

6 Likes

I remember saying last august/September that I was fine with selling Emi for £20m but I would rather sell Leno as I thought Emi was every bit as good as him but Leno more likely to leave.

Now my worries are looking like they were valid. We’ve sold a great keeper in Emi and now Leno looks like he may be dropping hints so we could be in a situation where one season on from having 2 great goalies we will now have none and be back to square one lol

Maybe Arsenal are just destined to not have a great goalkeeper.

4 Likes

If he does want to leave he’s not gonna get bigger than us lol. Can’t believe we sold Big Emi for this guy

1 Like

Operation bring Szczesny home begins then

No. We sold him because someone offered 20m and that was too good to turn down.

3 Likes

I would argue that if we had bigger ambitions we should have kept them both. Atleast until the jan window. We would not get 20m for any of them then, but still.

1 Like

I said this at the time too.

But it’s 20m for a backup keeper who wasn’t going to be happy if he was missing out on being a PL first choice keeper. Was the only choice to sell realistically.

3 Likes

In a shitty pandemic too, we had to take it. He was worth like 2mil at the start of that season too. No brainer.

3 Likes

The Leno and Martinez situation is another example of the laziness and negligence of our board.

Even the best GK’s lose form and that’s when the back up keeper steps in, which has happened to several clubs in the PL.
We were in a great situation with Leno and Martinez and for once we had a top quality GK and back up but what did we do?
We sold Martinez, only to replace him for a village idiot’s third choice keeper.

At least Ryan looks like a proper second choice.
Buying Runarssen was yet another illustration of us going cheap, wasting money and then desperately trying to fix the problem by getting Ryan to fix in a problem we made ourselves.

4 Likes

You’d expect we’d be able to sell Leno for about 25 to 30m. That’s a solid chunk of change for both goalkeepers and is solid business. Reinvest in a new first choice in summer. Not the end of the world.

Leno’s been a solid player for us it’s just a shame he’s played in one of the worst Arsenal sides to ever exist. Perfect time for Arteta to target a more ball playing keeper but I always think that’s overrated anyway.

2 Likes