Benjamin White (4)

7 Likes

40m doesn’t seem that out of line once you apply the English tax. But why pay the English tax when you have other options? And why not at least have a look at Saliba before you buy another CB at all?

2 Likes

Because Edu and Arteta are hacks. It feels like our talent pool of transfer targets is very narrow tbh, we target alot of “known” quantities and players in England. This is an issue when the recruitment is lead by the “manager”

3 Likes

Yup. Its also possible that they’re worried about their jobs so they only want to look at players that have played in the PL and won’t need an adjustment period.

Not a good situation if the short term career interests of the decision makers are not aligned with the long term interests of the club.

In the end, I’d be fine with it IF they also kept Saliba and sold Holding. But I don’t expect that to happen.

3 Likes

I’m not sure I believe any real substance behind this story.

2 Likes

Yeh fuck Ornstein, self indulgent cunt.

3 Likes

Who’s their second?

Our targets scream Man City.

Arteta got his hand on Pep’s future transfer wishlist. :rofl:

If we’re paying £40m for Ben White - which is by all accounts a good signing and a good player - then we are surely spending £150m this summer as we try to acquire a star CM, CAM and RB + GK2.

Assessment : Need a first choice right back, backup left back, two first choice midfielders, a backup goalkeeper and possibly a first choice goal keeper.

Action Items no 1: Spend 40m on a CB

8 Likes

Webster

English tax…sooner we just go with Saliba and Holding as RCB next season…

so you’re saying that someone has ben lying?

3 Likes

White lies only.

1 Like

What the fuck is this? Why the hell are we interested in another CB? The fuck is going on with this club.

If we’re getting rid of a few of our CB’s like Holding, Mari and Luiz, then getting White is fine but is he much of an upgrade for 40m?

That position could be filled by Saliba, who was bought a couple of seasons ago for 30m, and who has never played for us.

It’s this sort of indecisiveness and lack of proper planning that has seen us get in this mess.

1 Like

When there’s no proof of anything why do people react pissed off.
Just wait a bit and see. Again do people really see us paying that much.

10 Likes

Absolutely up for this. Young, hungry and only going to improve and ready for a step up the league. Actual completion for CB places too which means nobody can afford stupid fuck ups.

1 Like
2 Likes