Benfica Vs Arsenal (UEL)

Fuck me in the goat ass. That was dire.

1 Like

Rangers would beat us if we played like this. Probably better than Benfica right now.

Drink this in fellas, we got a 2nd leg of this.

1 Like

I’m 99% sure we’re getting through, even if the second leg is that lethargic there’s no way we don’t score a couple against this team. We should’ve had 4 and weren’t that great.

Karma for your loooool about us conceding 2-2 you fucker :joy:

1 Like

9 Likes

I thought 6/10 performances against a well organised Benfica defence.

Shame Auba fluffed his chances. Tie looks close to 50:50 to me. Need a great performance in Athens to progress now.

I’d eat my hat if we win this cup this time around. Just not all that good at the moment.

1 Like

Cedric will take over when Kieran is fully fit. Cedric aint no worldbeater but Bellend is Championship level sadly.

1 Like

Big opportunity missed tonight .
We should be out of sight at least 2-3 goals clear .
This team would be unbeatable if they stopped this stupid and unnecessary passing back and sideways . As soon as we look to get forward quickly the other team goes in to panic . Teams can’t handle pace
Have we lost ability to shoot ? The times we get to the away box and all it wants is someone to shoot but oh no , let’s pass it back and sideways and back again , then attacking momentum has gone . It’s the same evening game .

3 Likes

1-1 is a pretty meh result but a 1-0 loss would have been absolute disaster.

All comes down to next Thursday night now as our season depends on it, really hope we don’t bottle it.

4 Likes

Should’ve scored a couple as the chances were there.

Making the 2nd leg more nervy than it should be, but we should have enough to score more than them in the next match and win it outright.

1 Like

We still should have enough to progress given we got the score draw, if we go out to Benfica it’ll look horrible for Arteta.

3 Likes

Very poor result, absolutely no advantage in the second leg either with the game being played in Greece.

Really shows the level we’re at at the moment

5 Likes

He arguably should be sacked right then and there if we do. I know that sounds harsh but if you’ve been knocked out of the round of 32 two years in a row in what is the most important competition for this club at the moment, you don’t have much of a leg to stand on. And particularly when the two guys before you got the club to the semifinals and final respectively. Thankfully I don’t think that’ll happen.

2 Likes

Looking at the metrics aside from the penalty Benfica created fuck all, we really should be able to win the 2nd leg and progress.

1 Like

Was it a clear pen? The replay didnt show it in super slow so at times it looked like it hit ESRs head.
He didnt complain at all tho so i guess he knew it hit his hand.
What a dodgy flukey way to concede a pen tho.

1 Like

It’s not like we all didn’t expect it given the way the team was playing. Everyone knew if we didn’t score they would get a fluke goal from a random set piece.

1 Like

Lets be honest Benfica created fack all. There only dangerous moments came from our mistakes.

Had Auba not decided to be smoked as f everyone would call this cruise controle.

2 Likes

Disappointing performance.

Thought Ødegaard was sensational loved the peice BT done on him in the full time analysis.

Saka also was top notch. Great goal from him

Hope we perform better next week

1 Like

Just seen the highlights, I do feel if we create those same opportunities next week we’re likely to score a couple. On a different day Auba has a brace.