Benjamin White (4)

Just because we have spent money in the last few seasons doesn’t make up for the complete lack of investment since we moved to the Emirates.

The reason we overpaid on players like Xhaka, Mustafa, Lacazette, Pepe, etc, is because unless we over pay no decent player is going to come here apart from massive wages.

Another reason we spent so much was because all our top players wanted to leave so we had to replace them.
Why was that?

I know we had to pay for the new stadium but the lack of investment earlier meant that we ended up paying way more for less so it was a false economy.

People might think I’m overly critical but most of my criticism is directed at the board and manager and the way they have dragged us down.

I was told a few seasons ago that, not only am I not a real supporter but that I didn’t know what I was talking about.
What did I say to deserve these insults?
I said we would become a mid table club if we carried on as we were and spurs would overtake us.

The same people that criticised me are the same who insisted that there is no way we will be out of the places and spurs will never finish above us.

Just as you and some others might find my criticism annoying then I find it equally annoying when people defend them.

This is the worst state I can remember the club being in and I can remember most of those players from when that photo was taken in the Help With An Arsenal Picture thread.
Our owners deserve everything they get thrown at them.

If we all agreed with how the club should run then this forum would be a pretty boring place.

7 Likes

I feel you, man

1 Like

So your solution to this is to say it’s other fans fault while doing absolutely nothing of consequence yourself to try change anything?

And just to be clear, I don’t think there is much you can do, but it’s a load of shit to then dump on other fans because you perceive them to somehow be the problem.

Of course, no one has said any different.

I’m not blaming anyone on here for our poor league position, that’s down to the idiots running the club.
What I’m saying is that defending the situation will just mean it will keep happening.

I’m not going to change anything but if the majority of the fan base shout loud enough then the board will have to listen.
It might not make any difference but it’s better than tolerating this shambles.

The only reason Arteta is still here is because of the lack of supporters at the Emirates.
The abuse and vitriol Wenger got was bad and he was our most successful manager.

Arteta had it easy last season but there is no way his arrogance and lies would be tolerated by season ticket holders and he would be rightly booed after every poor performance so the board would have no option but to get a proper manager.

That is how to get things done.

3 Likes

When a majority of the fans are angry and focused on accountability the Kroenke’s do take notice. After all, Josh hurriedly made promises of big summer “investment” towards the end of the season and Mikel brought up “be excited” rhetoric. After that unfortunately the protests fizzled out a bit and who knows, maybe the Kroenke’s determined fans were easy again. Your point is right though. Individually we can’t do a lot, but when there is some unity fans can become a force. Fans were divided towards the end of Arsene Wenger’s tenure, but I don’t see why they cannot be united for maximum pressure on the Kroenke’s.

3 Likes

Too bad that after a shit show (shitter than horrendous) Arteta and Edu are still in their positions.

Somehow some fans just soften their tones and stances after one or two minor adjustments/things that supposed to be done.

5-10% positive, but still 90% of shit.
Then some would like to give the fucking brothers (Edu and Arteta) ANOTHER YEAR (or even a few months) to waste again.

I don’t mind changing manager every single fucking season, if he cannot have the team displaying more positives than negatives in limited time.

2 Likes

No, they didn’t. Guillem Balague said 5.

iirc, someone in this forum wrote up a nice summary of a Fabrizio Romano interview/podcast. That’s where it came from I believe.

Same difference.

I just see this every window. Arsenal fans see an arbitrary number or name thrown out by a “journalist” and then hold the club to it. When Arsenal, inevitably, doesn’t sign x number of players or doesn’t sign x player they hit the ceiling ranting and raving about how Arsenal are a shit club run by useless cunts and liars. It’s like the Peanuts bit with football every year. And every year people fall for it.

2 Likes

Well I won’t hold the club to what Fabrizio Romano or any other ITK says is going on. I will hold the club to my expectations going into this window, which were 2 CM’s, one AM, one RB, a backup LB, and a backup GK.

On top of that Edu/ Arteta have gone in for a CB, which I wasn’t expecting, knowing one was likely required, but no higher than around 5th ot 6th in our overall priority list for upgrades. On top of all of that we still have uncertain futures of Leno and Laca to cover if we go for their exits and replacements.

That’s a lot to do, and what Romano says about the high volume of transfers tracks with that, even after Tavares, Lokonga, White. I’m really only bothered with integrity really, in terms of Arteta living up to his own words and hype for this transfer window, but what matters most for me is accountability. If things are going well Nov/Dec, great. If not, no more excuses, the manager would have to be replaced. It’s about results and accountability. Even if all the transfers are great this summer that doesn’t guarantee results, for which the buck will stop.with the manager.

3 Likes

At least you’re realistic.

1 Like

Expectations might not have been the right word there. That’s what I wanted. I didn’t expect replacing Xhaka to happen, or a CB, but those are pleasant surprises, but I did want Elneny out.

My expectations were actually of Edu/Arteta being frustrated because sales in actuality are a lot harder than sales in theory. Regardless, as I said, results and accountability matter most, a fork in the road come Nov/Dec hopefully.

I would say that, considering first team regulars like Xhaka, Cellabos, Bellerin and Odegaard, probably won’t be here next season, a CM,AM, RB, cover for the GK and LB positions aren’t just realistic, they are the bare minimum and all we done is bought a CB to go with all our other CB’s that we’ve accumulated and can’t move on.

1 Like

Maybe he is just going to visit the Tower of London.

3 Likes

Shit, how long was that flight!

2 Likes
2 Likes

We should get £15mil off for that shitty tat alone.

12 Likes

cocaine is a helluva drug.

10 Likes

I don’t really get what a good tat looks like…never been inclined myself.

I think he has probably just had one too many…probably a shandy or two and a couple of Jagerbombs…

1 Like