BATE Borisov Vs Arsenal (UEL Round of 32 1st Leg)

Why is our home leg at 17:55 next Thursday?

:bellerin:

1 Like

C’mon Arsenal! Let’s destroy these farmers.

Really? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

Hleb on leaving Arsenal

“It’s still difficult for me to explain why I left Arsenal,” he said. “I was absolutely happy there. Arsene completely trusted me, it was idyllic. And then I decided to leave.

“I was on vacation and agents and managers convinced me that I had to go to Barcelona. To be honest, I didn’t really understand what I was doing. At some point, I realised, ‘Oh god! I’m leaving Arsenal!’

“When Arsene said that it was a matter of hours, I felt devastated. It was really hard for me to accept that. Wenger did everything to make me stay at Arsenal.

“He even texted me as I was fishing. ‘Alex, I won’t let you go, we need you here.’ I cried when I read it.”
Barcelona went on to dominate European football under Guardiola with one of the greatest teams ever created, but for Hleb, there was little joy watching from the outside and a breakdown in his relationship with Guardiola meant the writing was on the wall.

“We were playing Manchester United in the Champions League final and Guardiola left me out of the squad. It was absolutely devastating," recalled Hleb.

"I felt like there was a knife in my back. I never spoke to Guardiola after that. It was incredibly painful.

4 Likes

Lol. This I don’t believe.

Fucking Hleb. Cunt needs a restraining order from talking about us!!!

1 Like

Let’s get a casual 3 goal lead for the home game.

Actually, let’s keep a clean sheet as well or am I being greedy now :thinking:

1 Like

Yeah we only keep clean sheets again sides as shit as Chelsea, not BATE :laughing:

1 Like

Strong line up. Go big or go home.

Where the f is my dinos and suarez.

If ever there was a game to give Suarez some minutes lol

6 Likes

I feel the same mate, but thinking it through again I think it makes sense. Try and kill the fixture this week without risk and he can get the full 90 this week.

All going well today he can get a solid 30 mins here too

Yeah lol. Weird.

Emery is saving him for when we are back in the title race this season :grinning:

1 Like

maybe he is easing him into our team like he did for torriera

I think Saurez will probably start the home leg next week if we get the result today. He’s just easing him in, his fitness won’t be up to scratch yet.

3 Likes

Hoping for another :star: performance from Guendouzi

3 Likes

Mustafi playing even in the Europa League. Smh…c’mon Arsenal though!

See you after the game!