Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Massive props for Tim Connelly and the rest of the Denver Nuggets front office for building this team. I really hope they can win a title in the next five years or so. They went about it the ‘right way’.

Tyler Herro 37 points not bad for a rookie leading your team to a 3-1 lead in the conference finals against the Boston Celtics.

Nuggets gave up 25 2nd chance points today and only had 4 of their own, very hard to beat a team as good as the Lakers with that discrepancy.

1 Like

well fellas this is it, think the Lakers can close it out? The Nuggets are a very scrappy team hard to put away clearly. No way they come back from 3 - 1 down on the Lakers but they still do scare me.

1 Like

It’s over. The Lakers are basically Thanos at this point. They are inevitable. Running out three centers in AD, Howard and McGee…how can you compete with that if you’re Denver? Those guys can basically beat the shit out of Jokic and each one is capable of pulling a 20 and 10 out of their hat.

When was the last time McGee had 20/10 ?
Haha

I think you’ll close it out but it will be close, I feel this series has been more closely contested than your typical 5 game series though if it pans out that way.

1 Like

He’s a 2x NBA champion! Put some respect on his name.

Quick scour of NBA Ref shows he put up a 23 and 16 on March 31, 2019.

I agree with your point overall about Lakers having 3 bigs that have length and can be physical wearing down Jokic.

I’m not saying McGee is no good, great backup C to have, just think 20/10 is a stretch.

I’m just pulling your leg. McGee was kind of a joke in the Baltimore-DC area due to his horrible tenure with the Wizards. He has carved out a nice career for himself though.

I realize it may not happen this year but if the Lakers win, and Lebron has titles with three different teams, is that a better achievement than either of Kobe’s or Jordan’s multiple three-peats?

LeBron James turns 36 in December, 17th season in this league, still playing at this level, never missed a playoff game through injury, bloke is unreal.

3 Likes

His 2016 title vs the 73-9 Warriors is probably better than any of MJ or Kobe’s titles, that’s what I will say.

2 Likes

For strictly finals Kobe’s most impressive was Boston, but ya gotta remember Kobe was going through San Antonio and beating Tim Duncan and Popovic in the west playoffs pretty much every year the Lakers made a playoff run.

:goat:

1 Like

LeBron told @ChrisBHaynes before the game.

— Dunk Bait (@DunkBait) September 27, 2020

Omg. He teamed up with a top five player in the League. Went against a young team (Jokic is 25 and Murray is 22) and acts like he has done big things… Major respect for the dedication to his craft. But his accomplisments ask for a little humility. Teams have beaten of the breaks of his teams…

Miami has closed out Boston in 6, very good shooting night for the Heat.

So I fully expect the Lakers to take it now. Barring an injury or something crazy. I think Spoelstra is a good coach but when you got the two best players on the court on the same team the talent will usually overcome any coaching.

1 Like

Lakers should really take it home in no more than 6 with the talent advantage.

Butler and Bam are all star level pieces, Miami are well coached and Herro an elite rookie, but the Lakers have two top 5 players, veteran bigs to throw at Bam and Rondo playmaking experience off the bench.

1 Like

LeBron and AD will prove too much for the Heat to handle, Lakers in 5 or 6.

Miami has a bright future though, that roster with Spo coaching them, and the OG Riley getting deals done, they’ll get a ring soon.

2 Likes

Only if they actually get Giannis or another star. Next season Durant and Irving will be back from their injuries, Boston (Tatum especially) will be a year further. Philadelphia might hire a good coach. I don’t think they will be back that easily.

2 Likes