Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Milwaukee Bucks vs Miami Heat was a great game the other night

1 Like

wasnā€™t exepcting them to be this bad, granted both Klay and KD are out, but stillā€¦they looked shaky as fuck against OKC.

1 Like

Yeah me either I figured Steph and Draymond would still show a semblance of all those great teams, but I think losing Iggy, and all those other vets off the bench is hurting them a hell of a lot more than anything. I knew trading for Russell wasnt gonna help, he fills the stat sheet but hes not a winning player, us Laker fans know that all too well.

If you donā€™t know, now you knowā€¦the Warriors are in tank mode. Even before Steph broke his hand, they were playing some horrible basketball against the Suns.

Yeah if I could have my time again Iā€™d make one change to my playoff 8 in the West, Warriors out and Spurs in.

1 Like

Well then

2 Likes

Meh, nothing to get excited about when NBA players are talking trash about being tough.

Next game Embiid will hit KAT with a hard screen and maybe push him after a coming together and get ejected for it lol

Fuck I hate it when you watch NBA games and your team leads the whole way until the last few seconds, that just happened with Portland and Philly then.

1 Like

Ok today we give up 127 points to Warriors squad thatā€™s D league standard, Iā€™m on the cusp of saying we might struggle to make playoffs this season despite it only being 7 games in.

1 Like

The Suns are better, Minnesota is better, the Lakers are better, Dallas is better. Clearly OKC and GSW will miss out from last season but there are what, 3 new teams that are gonna make strong runs to the playoffs? Someone is gonna suffer. I predicted San Antonio, but those fuckers wonā€™t die :joy::joy:

Edit: actually looking back I put SA in the 8th seed this year, last year I predicted theyā€™d miss out, but they keep plugging away.

1 Like

@BigWeng_4LYFE Lakers have had a favourable schedule, but things are looking very positive. Especially the fact that James and Davis donā€™t really need to acclimatise to each other but hit the ground running.

2 Likes

They look good. Beating the mavs, spurs, and suns away, those are all tough games. The defense has impressed me most tbh, I feel LBJ and AD still have a lot of kinks to work out in the offense. Kuzma going off last night is another positive sign.

We are kind of used too it now, but itā€™s actually incredible how great that pairing is. With Leonard/George, Westbrook/Harden, Embiid/Simmons there is either a clear Batman/Robin situation or the players involved are not that great (yet). With these two none of that, especially now that James has accepted that facilitator role more (career high 11 assists per game right now). I think Iā€™ve underestimated them a bit.

1 Like

Yeah I didnā€™t underestimate the Lakers, predicted this squad to make the Western conference finals.

Iā€™m still on the Clippers to win it all though, theyā€™re 7-1 with Kawhi playing and havenā€™t even had Paul George yet. Like their bench with Williams, Harrell and Harkless also.

The thing is who can defend Davis if the Lakers have figured it all out though?

1 Like

Either Paul George or Kawhi are probably capable, yeah undersized but both are bonafide elite defenders.

Although they probably donā€™t want to waste energy on the defensive end defending Davis, so maybe Clippers make a trade for a defensive big.

Do the Lakers have enough 3 point shooting to win it all ?

One thing to keep in mind about Bron and AD is that they are 2nd and 3rd all time in the player efficiency rating. The only guy that had a higher rating was Jordan

This is the reason I chose them to win the title, itā€™s a historical pairing, and imo they havenā€™t even completely figured it out yet. The main thing for me is health, if they can be at full strength come playoff time, with the type of team defense we play, nobody is stopping 2 of the 3 greatest statistical players of all time.

Yeah health is a bit of a question mark regarding Davis isnā€™t it ? He hasnā€™t had many seasons where he hasnā€™t missed key stretches with injury. LeBron has been durable as fuck until last year, but heā€™s nearly 35 now so Lakers might have to manage him carefully.

1 Like

I think Davis would be too big. The need for 3-point shooting for the Lakers gets a little bit overrated, imo, when you have two players who can literally score at will. Itā€™s more the case of will they stay healthy.

@BigWeng_4LYFE that is what I meant. This is truely an unprecedented pairing.

1 Like