Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

He isn’t build for it but he actually didn’t choose the easy way out. Winning with the Clippers would be a bigger achievement than with JBL/AD. If anything he showed massive character.

When LBJ won against GSW they had Iguodala and Curry injuries.

1 Like

And Lebron had a broken hand last year, and the first time no Kyrie and no Kevin Love due to injury, they actually didn’t even step on the court. Steph and Iggy were still out there.

Yeah but teams get lucky. Like the first time Golden State won indeed. So can we really hold that against anybody?

I absolutely love LeBron mate, I’m just not convinced he plays the same defence he did a couple of years ago. He’s 35 in December so it’ll be interesting, not saying the Lakers can’t win, just think I’d favour the clippers.

Lebron has never been a consistent all NBA defensive guy, but he turns it up in the playoffs when it matters.

Take both big stars off the rosters and which side is better? Clippers.

Does AD and a 35 year old Bron really elevate KCP, Javale McGee, Danny Green, Jared Dudley, Troy Daniels and Kyle Kuzma above that Clippers roster? I would like to see it.

I guess we’ll see what the Lakers have up their sleeves in the next few days. Rajon Rondo? Lance Stephenson? :wink:

LaVar cursed the Lakers for trading his son!

They will never win a championship

1 Like

Toronto’s roster is one of the best we’ve seen in years in terms of quality, depth and balance right the way down. I personally felt they had far more depth than most teams and definitely GS.

I don’t think the Clips even compare man-for-man at the moment.

Raptors were down to seven guys when they came up against Golden State. I probably jumped the gun on Clippers roster being better. I’d say it at least compares

Guards
Patrick Beverley — Kyle Lowry
Lou Williams — Fred VanVleet
Landry Shamet — Jeremy Lin/Patrick McCaw/ Norman Powell

Pretty close imo.

Forwards
Kawhi — Kawhi
Paul George — Pascal Siakem
Montrezl Harrell — Serge Ibaka

This is pretty close again, no? I prefer Clippers.

Center
Gasol

Clippers don’t have a center on the roster at the moment.

It would have been pretty normal in the 1970s, post-Celtics dynasty. You had the Celtics, Lakers, Knicks, Bucks, Bullets and arguably the Bulls early in the decade. Later the Trailblazers (who won a title with Bill Walton), 76ers , Phoenix Suns and Seattle Supersonics became relevant, along with a couple of teams from the ABA merger (the Spurs and Nuggets).

Iwonderded what might happen with Russ, well it looks like it’s on

DMC chasing that ring :unai:

1 Like

Russ is on his way to LA… (Hope not tho :joy::joy:)

Impossible I would have thought, as you’ve already used all your assets in the Davis trade.

Rumours on Russ to Miami, it’d be interesting to see with J.Butler, neither OKC nor Russ are getting a championship together, the draft picks they got for PG, and probably for Russ if a trade is done should be the first step of a serious rebuild, not with Billy Donovan though.

Draft picks are becoming increasingly worthless in the NBA, would never trade certified stars for picks with an increasing bust rate

Yeah I was thinking Miami could be the team that get him, I think Russ and Butler would be a 50 win team, but I couldn’t see them seriously challenging.

Why are they becoming increasingly worthless?

The way basketball is trending in the US with the issues of the college system the average age of NBA prospects is decreasing making the draft alot more of a speculative process.

Whatever your views on college athletics there’s no doubt it’s a effective proving devlopneny grounds for prospects out of high school.

It’s harder to land a genuine star more than ever

I think at least half of prep-to-pro players drafted before the one-and-done rule was implemented have had a proper NBA career. The success rate of college players drafted is probably a bit worse. I think that one year in college doesn’t make that much of a difference in player development. The draft is hard anyway. Even top three picks are not guaranteed to become stars.

@BigWeng_4LYFE it went under the rader, but Cousins to the Lakers.

1 Like

Biggest thing with him is his health. Achilles and then a torn calf muscle but when he was healthy in April he averaged 20 - 11. Could be a big pickup for us, and a small risk considering we are paying him like $3.5m per year. Our roster is starting to fill out. We aren’t done yet either :grin::grin: