Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Careless start for the Bucks and hot start for the Suns.

Jrue might be on a slightly inflated contract.

Bucks may have paid what you consider overs for Jrue.

Jrue might have had some poor shooting nights this finals and post season.

But if the Bucks win 1 more game then the deal goes down as a resounding win.

1 Like

Bucks lead the series in Phoenix, i think they got the mental edge nowā€¦their playoff record at home is in their favor.

2 Likes

The guy went from a hyperextension to clutch dunks and blocks, Freakā€¦Bucks in 6.

2 Likes

I think you may have said at some point Giannis isnā€™t the man to lead to to a chip as the no 1 in the playoffs @BigWeng_4LYFE ?

Astonishing NBA finals series by him, more astonishing he shot like 16/18 from the line in Game 6.

Commiserations to the Suns after a great season, congratulations to the Bucks for proving the doubters wrong.

2 Likes

I doubted him and he actually came through. No doubt heā€™s a great player butā€¦in all honesty it was rough this year for injuries. Heā€™s not winning that chip if the Nets or Lakers are healthy. A lot like Kawhi wouldnā€™t have won if GSW didnā€™t lose 2 of their best players that series. But thatā€™s how it goes sometimesā€¦donā€™t think he will get another tho if he stays in Milwaukee.

1 Like

Yeah I do agree with you in all honesty, but durability is a key part of sport he stayed healthy and got it done.

Yeah he may not get another if he stays loyal but heā€™ll always be an NBA champion now and can be loyal. For me his 1 championship for the Bucks is a bigger achievement than Durant dumping OKC and winning 2 with Steph, Klay and Dray.

2 Likes

Agree with this 100%

1 Like

Injuries have played a factor for a while know. 2015, 2016, 2018, 2019, 2020 (Miami donā€™t make the FInals if Durant if healthy) and 2021. Itā€™s normal.

2 Likes

Agreed, especially after these stacked seasons where staying healthy is part of the achievement too.

Unbelievable story. Rags to riches would downplay his ascension.

5 Likes

26 years old !!

6 Likes

Congrats to the Giannis and the Bucks organization - This is a huge win for the NBA and small markets

Ashamed to say I thought he was making a mistake staying (what do I know?) but it was the right decision and heā€™s been rewarded for his loyalty and hardwork.

Really positive moment all round

3 Likes

Yeah, really well done to him and the Bucks, what a signing Jrue Holiday ended up being.

Fantastic stuff.

1 Like

Had a commanding 2-0 lead in the finals but lost 4 in a rowā€¦

I know there are lots of CP3 fans here, but sorry, he choked again.

1 Like

I think we all thought that. Especially with Garnet/Allen, James, Durant and Davis moving teams before they won a Championship. To be fair to us they were the 3rd favourites before the season :stuck_out_tongue:.

1 Like

.:joy:

@BigWeng_4LYFE

2 Likes

Russ has been my favorite non Lakers player in the league for years. I love the way he plays and his attitude. Heā€™s the most Kobe like player in the league.

1 Like

Giannisā€™ one ring >>>>>>> LeQueenā€™s four rings

1 Like