Basketball (NBA/ FIBA)

Yeah but there are already reports that they don’t get along well and the rest of the team is coming to dislike him as well because his antics off the court. Thats supposedly why the nets pulled the trigger on the Harden deal.

1 Like

Lakers were hot from 3 tonight in the 113-106 win over the Bucks…

LeBron still putting up 24/8/7 on 47% at age 36.

1 Like

It’s crazy how Lebron at 36 is still better than the reigning two-time MVP

2 Likes

Ever since Gobert got that contract, Shaq has lost his mind :arteta:

If anything Giannis is still figuring himself and this League out and the experience LeBron has is what separates him. Getting the ball on the top of the key and bulldozing to the basket works less and less. Especially since he can’t shoot the 3-pointer.

But don’t want to take anything away from James either. Being 36 and doing what he does is incredible.

I’m still confident the Nets will reach the finals, but they’re approach is risky. Won against Miami last night, but they didn’t have Butler and the final score was 128-124…

Utah quielty having a very strong regular season. 12-4 with a 8 game win streak.

Pelicans disappointing.

Wonder whats gonna happen with the Nets tho, so far it looks like Harden has been okay taking a back seat probably because he’s new there but is his ego gonna be okay with 12 to 15 points a night when he’s one of the best scorers in the league? He’s taking like 10 less shots per night than Kyrie. I’m not concerned about the talent because a big 3 like that almost always makes the finals but what usually ruins a team like this is the egos.

1 Like

I’ve got a small $50 wager with a mate , I’ve got Lakers and his got the field to win the West, don’t let me down @BigWeng_4LYFE

1 Like

That’s probably the easiest 50 bucks made :joy:.

Only thing you’ve got to be worried about is injuries tbh, a healthy Lakers squad is going to the finals. The one weakness we have is rim protection imo we need one more big man preferably a bit more athletic than Gasol, but that can be addressed with the buyout market.

1 Like

He won a $100 off me in 2014 when I had OKC and he had the field, that season Spurs beat OKC 4-2 in the West Finals.

1 Like

I just think if healthy the Lakers have less question marks than any other team, they have a championship behind them, we know James and Davis work so well together, they’re also top 10 at both ends of the floor.

1 Like

I think we’ll see something similar to the Heat’s big 3. Lebron took a back seat to Wade in the first year but when he took the lead the team started clicking. This has to be KD’s team with Harden at the point and the team’s main ball handler. Kyrie needs to be the third option and learn to play off-ball.

1 Like

Can the Nets win the chip whist not being a top 10 team defensively is the big question ? It rarely happens that a team that isn’t top 10 on both ends of the floor goes all the way.

Irving is never going to play off ball. He is not that type of player or his ego is going to get into the way. Which is a shame, because he is a lot better than Harden in playing off the ball and their offence would be absolutely lethal. We’re going to see a lot of statlines like the past two games with Harden having 8 - 12 assists and 10 - 15 shots. Irving averaging 25 shots. But it Irving buys in they can be so much more efficient and lethal.

@Aussiegooner they can win. But only if the Lakers are not in the Finals. That match up is just not good for them with Anthony Davis.

2 Likes

Bosh, Bron, and Wade are 3 very selfless players. I think KD definitely is selfless, but Harden and Kyrie i don’t think so. They are all supremely talented top 10 NBA players but I just don’t think the personalities are gonna match up.

I don’t think Kyrie is top 10, more like top 20 but I see the point you’re trying to make overall.

1 Like

Lonzo on the trading block. Clippers looks the best fit to me.

1 Like

Happily give up Coby white and some other pieces for Lonzo.

Think he would work well with Levine.

2 Likes

Thoughts if it does happen?

which means the season is pretty much over.
Lakers vs Nets in final, and Nets win it all