Bacary Sagna

Yeah he’s a better crosser no doubt, I just felt crossing was the weakest part of his game. I loved Sagna btw.

I’d say dribbling was his weakest part. He wasn’t able to dribble. He was an inconsistent crosser, not a bad one, was able to put in some brilliant crosses and assist when he managed to connect properly.

Just wanted to say it’s a bit… Idk, unnecessary, to compare Sagna, who is one of the best defenders among FBs in the PL in the last decade or more, to Bellerin, who is a shit defender, not even an average one. He’s average on his good days.
Don’t want to turn this into ANOTHER Bellerin bashing thread, just stating the obvious.

2 Likes
4 Likes

Man Dubai is popular among footballers.

Great servant to the club. Was more often than not a solid right back.

2 Likes

:heart: :heart:

I wish he got a right back and moved Sagna to center back post 2009.
Sagna would have been more recognised as a center back imo

He was still brilliant at RB until 2011/12 (including that season), was still one of the top RBs in league at that time. Declined quite visibly after that, lost a lot of pace… I wanted to see him moved to the CB around 2014… We played Nacho there who was nowhere near Sagna as a defender and was nowhere near as physical ( Sagna was also very strong in the air for his height), but Wenger somehow never entertained that idea.

2 Likes

Sagna did play a couple of games as CB and was excellent at it.
He was such a natural defender that he would have adopted that position easily.

That and he was frustrating as a right back in attacking sense.

Yeah, I remember he played there, when we were forced and had nobody else. He did pretty well.
I thought he would make a great 3rd choice (at least) CB in his later years, a great option all across the back line.

1 Like
7 Likes

He got absolutely rinsed for this lol

4 Likes

My boy bacary - real knows real

6 Likes

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/1679161320589996041?t=eOJe-iAwdzFfXl81sRPrew&s=19

4 Likes

Sagna was a rock. He doesn’t get the praise he deserves.