Axing the TV licence

I can imagine ACM there, with his dictaphone.

“I’m recording ya, son. I’m recordin’ ya.”

It sounds funny but it’s not really. There’s youtube videos of chavs recording and intimidating them. But most walked as soon as the camera was put on them. Given it’s probably not a very well paid job I felt quite sorry for them.

Personally I just wouldn’t answer the door and if I did I’d make up a name. My alias was the great welterweight Charles Burley who was one of the best boxers of all time but never fought for a world title partly due to his race. Even Sugar Ray Robinson avoided fighting him. But you can quite easily simply put the chain lock in and tell them you don’t want them to come in your home while being polite to them.

4 Likes

Yes that’s why I was amused. Intimidating them seems entirely unnecessary. :slight_smile:

This is brilliant :joy::joy:

1 Like

Read a lot about Burley over the years - but that’s a name I haven’t heard for a while haha. Legendary fighter.

You shouldn’t underestimate the importance of non biased news in this day and age.

It’s very biast tho lol

:cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat::cold_sweat:

13 Likes

If Calum had made use of the BBC Bitesize GCSE English Language revision modules he wouldn’t have made that mistake, and might just be that bit more appreciative of the commendable public good the BBC serves.

6 Likes

GSCE? Cocky English at it again thinking we done that in Scotland :xhaka:

Love you bro and agree, but watching that post come on my screen gave me the same feeling I get watching Lacazette try and control a football: initial hope, cringe, dread, helplessness and despair.

2 Likes

When they had Baker and Kelly, that was the best thing on the radio.

2 Likes

I had a chance to listen to an old BBC radio sci-fi series called ‘Journey into space’. It was aired in the 50s originally and was so successful it stopped people watching TV just to hear it when it was on.
It was the BBC at it’s best.

1 Like

This looks like Pidgin English. The Pidgin news page being another great service the BBC provides.

1 Like

This might actually happen now tbf

1 Like

Correct decision, even if it’s a political ploy

Maybe shouldn’t have cocksucked for them so much…

‘impartial analysis’ piss off.

Get that awful building in Pacific quay off first of all. Eyesore.

That’s a bummer. Forget the news stuff, totally separate issue for me, the programming is going to go into the toilet.

1 Like

RIP BBC