Automotive Chat

Purchased a 2020 MG ZS essence yesterday, wanted to get an SUV but didn’t want to spend 45 grand, hence the reason I went with MG.

Aesthetically it looks nice and has a reasonable value for money feel, also comes with a 7 year warranty regarding parts etc.

Yeah nice.
I used to drive an SUV of similar size. Now I have a 911 haha - so went the complete opposite.

I haven’t thought about MG is a long time; how’s it been so far?

1 Like

I don’t get it until around the 10th of July, so I’ll report back then after the first few days.

Just to nudge this Carsene Wenger thread.

And to continue my fanboying of all things Porsche…

Was in a Taycan Turbo S today, and holy motherfuck, it was ball-tingling.

1 Like

With an Audi A4 S-line, is there something about the ‘Black Edition’ that makes it better than the others?

Yes, means you can drive it with bigger levels of Audi cock than normal :rofl::rofl:

Normally these editions will have different paint colour choices, interior, different wheels and some optional upgrades as standard.

Merc do a similar thing with some of their AMG models, it’s just the manufacturers way of extracting more money out of brand new car prices for a “special edition” that a standard car could be specced at by ticking a few of the optional extras box.
Also, doing all these special editions they fuck the residuals so the second hand car market prices get driven done… Mclaren are a perfect example and bow they’re financially up shit creek.

4 Likes

I drive an A5 S-line Black edition and it’s essentially just the little finishing touches on top of your S-line package. With the S-line you get the little badge on the side and and nice interior features like the S-line logo cross stitched into your leather seating.

The black edition is largely exterior finishes, the front grill is a nice matte black- hard to distinguish on mine as it’s a black car, but most importantly you should get a nice factory quality tint in your back windows. In my opinion the S-line is the more important feature but if you can get the black edition on top it’s some solid, if minor aesthetical features. Though I do recommend it for the tinted windows alone.

Long story short it-

3 Likes

@BergkampsLoveChild @Castiel

I bought it in the end.

Red A4, S-Line, 2.0 litre, Black diamond cut finish.

Absolutely loving the car. It purrrrrrrs.

3 Likes

Nice one man, Audi is a great drive, wish I had got one years ago.

1 Like

Enjoy and try not to be too much like an Audi driver!! :rofl:

3 Likes

Pics

2 Likes

Bear with me, I’ll take some.

Or you’re driving a lada @DavidHillier :henry2:

2 Likes

Picked this up last week all electric, just worried about not being able to pop into a petrol station and fill up in 5 minutes like ive been doing all my life. Its a change I guess just need to be more proactive in making sure the battery is charged all the time. Anyone else driving a full electric? If so how do u like it?

6 Likes

What model is this?

Looks like an EQC to me?

Still really struggling with the whole EV thing, I don’t ever see me getting one at least until there is absolutely no other option.

EQE 350+ SUV.

I never thought I would own one either but they are really pushing them so its actually cheaper to buy the full electric than the petrol powered version of the same car. I immediately thought big savings on fuel as the 91 premium fuel over here costs more than $5 a gallon. Thats a lot for us I know u pay at least the same if not more in europe. From the costs to charge the car (conveniently) you probably save a bit but its probably not as much as youd think. The car comes with 2 years free charging tho so at least from the jump its a massive savings.

Car centric society + huge distances means the gubment has to subsidize fuel. $5 a gallon is still waaaaay cheaper than Europe, they’re paying close to $8 @ current prices.

That’s why they pay people to buy EVs, in the long run it’s cheaper for them. This is the kind of shit people don’t talk about.

Plus, a combination of renewable/clean electricity and EVs is the only logical way forward in order for the US to maintain their car addiction. We all know public transport is never going to be as pervasive here or in the UK as it is in Europe. So, we need to either nut up and build trains or find a cleaner/cheaper way to power our cars.

I’ll probably own 1 petrol car as a toy until I can’t fuel it anymore, but all of my new cars will be EVs.

Gas here today is $1.39 Cdn/litre, so about $5.56 U.S./U.S. gallon. I think I’d go hybrid.

Whats funny is that here in california half our energy comes from natural gas. Its probably more hydro powered in ur part of the country, but not here. The knives are out for natural gas now as well :joy::joy: