Atlètico Madrid vs Arsenal (UEL Semi Final 2nd Leg)

No it doesn’t.

No it doesn’t.

No we didn’t.

No they didn’t.

No I don’t.

I act like they are a better team than us, which they are. We will play them 10 times more over 2 legs and we will lose 10 out of 10. Gulf of class apart. You however fail to differentiate between style of football and class.

Without individual errors they wouldn’t go down to 10 men in the first leg and would probably have decided the tie in London.

Happy mhappy?

2 Likes

Exactly.
The way game played out typified the way the two managers work.

They were efficient, totally organised defensively, with two world class strikers that know how to finish and make problems for our defence, and hitting us on the break.

We didn’t have world class strikers, we looked defensively ok but as usual defensive mistakes cost us and were out played and had no answer to their tactics.

One manager knows how to win important games against big teams, by being tactically astute and having a well organised team who know exactly what they have to do in any situation.

The other has proved that, against top managers, he hasn’t got what it takes.

1 Like

Now that is something if you think playing athletico 10 tines we would never win; if you believe that then I will leave to it, people are over hyping athletico way to much because they’ve disappointed with our team over the last couple of seasons.

No one is over-hyping Atletico. Saying they are much better than us is not over-hyping them, it’s quite simply a statement that we are not as good as them - our very recent encounter attested to that.

1 Like

Playing 8 people defending inside your box is not showing how masterful you are. Athletico players if they didn’t have time to organise they would foul us to give them time to organise, or we played to slow (or miss placed passes) and allowed to organised. I watched them earlier in the year against Barcelona at the camp nou, they did exactly the same thing; but one foul cost them and it resulted in goal from a free kick.

That’s they game plan versus all teams no matter who they play; nothing over the two leg suggested that they are so much better than arsenal, or even out of ten games we wouldn’t any.

You simply fail to understand there are different tactics and approaches in football. How well you execute your plan makes you good or not, not what kind of plan you have. If the plan works - you are good. You are the one accusing people of over-hyping Atletico while you are actually the one downplaying them simply because you don’t like them - you are not being objective, you act on personal preference.

Bottom line is Atletico are better than us. That was well known before the game and it is not at all surprising they defeated us.

As I already told you, you have a hard time accepting reality. Get out of your bubble.

1 Like

My god you’re so up yourself it’s unbelievable; athletico did a simple defensive tactic which they play 38 games out of the year regardless of who they play, flood the box break if there is an opportunity; that’s very simple, the hard part is making sure everyone is on song and covering for each other.

Our game plan was to break them down and create opportunities; which is harder and risky. The first leg there was no way in hell athletico would have scored if it weren’t for that stupid attempted clearance.

For me athletico aren’t better than us; if they are in your then fine that’s up to you.

Ask any Atletico fan if they care…

:joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Such incredible delusion really is a sight to behold :laughing:

1 Like

Of course they wouldn’t give a shit they are in a final

Winning the EL, 2 CL final appearances and being the only team to break the duopoly of Barca and Real by winning the league and they aren’t better than us.

What a trip.

4 Likes

Laugh as much as you want.

We already know you don’t like our team it doesn’t matter who the fuck we play.

People like you and others were sure that Milan was better arsenal; what does say about you.

Leicester City; oh and how many of the champions league finals did they win? Since winning the league when did they win it again?

Dortmund did the same thing and look where they are now.

You are now being all sensitive. You won’t cry now, will you?

Actually I was maybe the only one on this forum who said we were going to beat Milan in Milano while there was a general consensus they do us over following a series of very bad results on our part.

You know nothing mhappy.

Leicester was clearly an outlier.

Atletico aren’t.

Mate if you can’t come up anything else but trying to use shame language best say nothing.

It is the same shit people a happy about the result because it justifies they stance.

Since winning the league I haven’t seen them win the league.

They did what Valencia, Villarreal etc did before them; no different.

Apart from the Europa League win and two CL finals.

And Villarreal have literally never won a league title lol

But great post

1 Like

Have been sleeping on this game and still feel gutted and sad. Hopefully Wenger will still get a good send off on sunday.

1 Like