Atlètico Madrid vs Arsenal (UEL Semi Final 2nd Leg)

Since the announcement was made, has it, at ANY POINT, seemed like the players gave a shit and were playing for Wenger?

The first leg, United, the second leg.

Not at any point did I see any real fight or spirit from the players, it’s like they couldn’t care less that this was how they were going to end Wenger’s legacy lol

Says it all really, especially about the mentality Wenger was able to engender in the team/squad.

9 Likes

Basic errors which have permeated this club for years and yet not the fault of the manager because “he got his tactics right”?

4 Likes

Bro you are literally trying so hard to pin bellerin’s mistake on wenger, give it a rest already everyone saw what happened over two legs.

I have zero loyalty or affection to any of the current players.

We need to be ruthless with this squad

9 Likes

Imagine bellerin with No pace LUL :arteta:

4 Likes

Some of these guys need to go, no fight no hunger no passion

1 Like

Then he would never be our player…

I’m not pinning it on him, there’s little doubt that the mistake was individual, however, when individual mistakes continually fuck the team over time and time again season after season there’s a reason.

2 Likes

A corner flag.

1 Like

Absolutely pathetic from them. I thought that would be one of our own weird strengths going into this tie; the players’ determination to send Wenger out on a high. Gutless shitlords.

1 Like

Clear out the ball or clear out the player. Simple stuff that you lose over time when your manager is a nitwit.

The only players from the senior squad I’d genuinely look to keep are Ozil, Mkhi, Laca, Auba, Ramsey, Holding, and maybe Kolasinac maybe Chambers.

Otherwise everyone else is free to fuck off.

4 Likes

What people make mistakes; players panic under pressure; or the right full back just doesn’t exist.

1 Like

If we had money like that I’d like see many told to jog on.

On some City shit.

And the third option be a clown…that’s what he chose to do. I think what I blame Wenger for is the fact he signed a Ligue 2 player who shouldn’t be playing for us.

We don’t have to be a defensive team but we need to get some fucking athletes in our defense. Like all around athletes with speed and size. Fuck the ball skills shit we need ball winners.

3 Likes

Heartbreak as it always is with this club.

Wenger goes out with a whimper. No script was going to deny the reality of what this club and what he is.

Are there many worse clubs to have the displeasure of supporting at the moment?

Not sure I can be arsed wasting headspace following this sport much longer when Arsenal and England are all I really care about in football now. Already had one foot out the door for a while. Wenger’s departure has come very late in the day.

1 Like

Let Laca go too, man is nothing but a poacher. We need the next Henry not the next Chicharito.

Keep AMN and Iwobi too.

I would keep Ozil, Miki, Auba, Laca, AMN, Nelson, Jack, Ramsey, Monreal, Kola, Chambers, Holding, Elneny and Mavropanos, or Ospina as 2nd keeper. That’s it.

If you don’t want Laca, how can you keep Iwobi???

Damn it.

Iwobi is like Gervinho without speed.