Atlètico Madrid vs Arsenal (UEL Semi Final 2nd Leg)

Could be one of Wenger’s greatest games if we somehow turn this around

2 Likes

Going to say Atletico 2-1.

I’m going with 2 - 1 Arsenal.

Mkhi and Laca see us through

3 Likes

Going to this one, can’t wait!! First time I’ll see Arsenal in the homeland since 2011 (Barcelona does, still, count as Spain :wink: ).

11 Likes

We give up too many chances to not have to score twice. My head says 2 1 to them. Its a result only game and we do have players who can score. Going to dream big and say 2 2.
Ozil really has to show up for this one.

2 Likes

We need to win a game in 90 minutes. It’s going to be tough, but it’s far from impossible.

3 Likes

Don’t bring us bad luck lol! :wink:

1-3 to the Arsenal.
Come on you Gooners

1 Like

Just interested in what other people would do if they were manager. Not what you think Wenger will do (I think we can all guess his team). But after the Man United match, for example, would you throw any youngsters in?

Yesterday, the inexperienced players played without fear. I know playing a European semi final against Atletico is a different ball game. But don’t we need to go there and go for it? Playing without fear is what we need to do!

Not saying we should play the same team as yesterday. But i’d honestly be tempted to throw a couple in. Mavropanos for example. He bullied Lukaku, maybe he can bully Costa too. He can’t be any worse than Mustafi has been lately. Even i’d be better at CB than Mustafi at the moment and i’m 5’2!

the 1st away win of this year coming up…heard it here first

1 Like

We won in ostersund and Milan :wink:

Well, we’ve gotta go balls to the wall.

If we score even once it’s game on and Atletico will have to come and attack us.

I’d be tempted to line up with Welbz (given his form), Mkhi and Lacazette. Xhaka, Ozil, and Ramsey in midfield.

Fuck it, why not throw Mavropanos and Koscielny in together. Mustafi has been really bad and while Koscielny fucked up last game, it’s not a “every game” kind of thing with him.

I feel bad for leaving Wilshere out, he played well and got the assist last game and given Mkhi’s knee I suppose it’s between them too.

I’d set up very attacking, and just try to blitz them in the first 15 minutes throwing the kitchen sink at them. Like I said, if we can score early on, the whole game changes (for our benefit).

We literally have nothing to lose, and I think Atletico will do what their best at and sit back and defend. Wouldn’t be surprised at all if they’re game plan is to play for a 0-0.

So I’d set up extremely positively and very aggressively, we’ve got absolutely nothing to lose and everything to gain so we may as well go all out.

5 Likes

keep on thinking about that record…its for the epl only sorry

1 Like

Why not? Mustafi and Koscielny are done as starter to me.

Think every single away result we’ve had in the Europa this season (apart from the loss) would be enough to go through.

Yeah exactly. I’d start Kos, just because I think we need some experience back there. But i’d put someone else next to him. Not Mustafi.

Atletico would identify him as a weak link. Whereas they won’t know much about Greek Boy.

1 Like

Atletico Home league form 12-5-0, our away league form 3-4-10, so lets pray our away form in Europe is a better indication for this one.

Ah but Chelsea scored two there in the CL @Craigie ‘s Qarabag even scored there.

HAVE FAITH!

3 Likes

:xhaka:

7 Likes

BUT, are we as good as Qarabag :santi: