Aston Villa

Very curious to see how it plays out for Stevie G at Villa.

If Newcastle get their act together this season, Villa will go down.

You don’t have talk nonsense about teams you hate dave.

There is absolutely no chance Villa are getting relegated

1 Like

They are 2 points off the relegation zone. Don’t think you can say there is “no chance” of them getting relegated. Three teams have to go down, they could quite easily be one of them.

1 Like

Relegated with the squad they have?

Cmon lol

Who has a goalie as good as Martinez or strikers like Danny Ings?

Bailey Buendia McGinn aswell

2 Likes

There is a documentary titled “Too Good To Go Down” about Man United many years back.
It’s an old example. But the point is, being too good to go down doesn’t mean you won’t go down.

Sure, they’re not one of the three worst teams at the moment and I wouldn’t bet on them being relegated, but neither would it be outrageous if they did fall into the trap.

Fulham a couple of years ago. West Ham in 03. Leeds in 04. Newcastle in 09 or 10. There were plenty worst teams than those when they all got relegated. Just don’t think you can say with certainty that Villa definitely won’t get relegated. Those players you listed haven’t exactly set the league on fire this season.

4 Likes

Imo they are a top 10 team. Smith couldn’t get to that next hurdle with them lets see if Gerrard can

I’d be very shocked if Villa went down, but it’s true you can never say never, I never thought West Ham would get relegated with the young talent they had in 02/03 either. People also thought Leeds had too much to go down.

Very debatable.

3 Likes

Given that they haven’t actually finished in the top ten of the PL for over ten years, it’d be hard to argue with you lol

1 Like

If you mean by squad quality then I agree but at the end of the day football is played out on the pitch and their football this year has been relegation worthy.
Big task for Gerrard to get them going.

1 Like

Stevie G already with the shots. :rofl:

1 Like

I’ve just clocked that he can employ his 4-3-3 at Villa in a similar fashion to Klopp’s Liverpool.

-------------Martinez---------------
Cash-Konsa-Mings-Targett
----Buendia-Luiz-McGinn----
–Bailey------Ings----Watkins-

This is truly an audition for Gerrard. :rofl:

They’re going f’ckin down. It’ll be a beautiful sight

That team should just about have enough about them to stay up this season. Then on Gerrard to mount a top half challenge next season.

Spot on Stevie G.

John Terry is another guy putting the work in under the radar

1 Like

Say names!!!

Dwight Yorke, blatantly

1 Like

Another poor performance from Villa. Ings, Watkins and Buendia looked like hot garbage. Still, Watkins scored a great goal and Villa finally won.
Tough job ahead for Gerrard.

1 Like

Hope they get relegated.

West Midlands cunts.