Aston Villa

Watching Villa v Leeds. Coutinho just missed a penalty, had a sure goal on the rebound and missed that one too. Gerrard still going with his obsession of making Coutinho the main man, even though he isn’t all that.

Btw, it looks McGinn is pushed to the side here. You would think with Kamara coming in Douglas Luiz would lose his spot, especially considering his contract situation but that doesn’t seem to be the case. We saw some rumours earlier in the window about McGinn being available, I think someone reliable reported it but it didn’t make much sense. Definitely starting to make sense now.

Dark horse for relegation these next season.

1 Like

Leeds look like shit too tbh, expected more from them. Granted, they do have new players. Will need time to settle.

Btw, 16 year old Archie Gray went in hard at Buendia. Buendia was in pain, docs went over to check on him. The little shit didn’t seem too fussed and was telling the referee he got the ball, not giving a shit about Buendia. :rofl:
Anyway, Buendia gets back up, he was pissed he was going in on challenges like an animal then that kid Gray gets the ball, McGinn goes in hard himself, now this kid got fucked up and they had to stretcher him off.

Jesse Marsch is almost in tears shaking his head.
I would love to feel sorry for the lad, but this is what we call karma.

1 Like

I honestly don’t get challenges like that in preseason friendlies. It’s what fucked Fofana (and arguably Leicester’s entire season) last season.

2 Likes

My God, how desperate for football are you? :sweat_smile: a pre season friendly between these two wouldn’t even appear on my radar!

5 Likes

Couldn’t sleep. Match was on, wanted to check out how Villa and Leeds look after their transfer business.
Definitely regretted it though. Game was more boring than our second half against Everton.
And I also found myself fighting Leeds fans online about the Gray injury.

1 Like

As long as you dont fight them in person. Rough bunch

I didn’t realize they’re so many. You would think they were a big club once. :arteta:

There are tbf. Loads of Leeds fans about.

They used to say it’s one of the few places you don’t see any cunts walking around with ManUre tops on.

5 Likes

Or Manchester either

Haha

“Snus being left everywhere - £200”

So specific

How many Swedish players have they got?!

1 Like

Getting fined for trivial shit is this a joke?
Being called the Villians suits them.

This is a very common thing with sports teams. It’s usually used as a kind of bonding mechanism.

I don’t think the club is heavily involved with this, it tends to be a player initiative and any of the money from these fines doesn’t go back to the club itself as far as I know. The players probably pool it all together and pay for an end-of-season night out or something like that.

2 Likes

Ok that’s fair enough

Mings in the mud.

They also announced a club captain, Ashlet Young.
What’s the difference? :rofl:

Is that the captain that doesn’t really play?

The Mark Noble role. More an off field job, representing the club at events, checking in with the youngsters etc.

You left 3 of your best players on the bench. You keep using different systems every other match.
You insist on using a player you played with at Liverpool while he keeps on dropping stinkers every week.
You’re just out of your depth. Just go become an assistant coach and let being a manager to the pros.

How can you draw all them conclusions on game one of a new season.

2 Likes