Aston Villa Vs Arsenal (PL)

What time will you wake up, out of interest? Dead on kick-off?

It’s probably too early a time to breakfast, too, isn’t it?

First things first, It’s great to see you back. I hope you’re feeling better. Godspeed!

I usually wake up 10 minutes before so I can make coffee and find a… ahem, “channel” to watch the game on.

3 Likes

Thank you, mate.

That’s incredible! Not even a “nature call” on awakening. You’re straight in with the footy :grin:

1 Like

Well, obviously I visit the facilities while coffee is brewing. :roll_of_toilet_paper:

2 Likes

Siu. Are u a nescafe kinda guy or are you the whole bean type?

His name’s not Sue

1 Like

My feelings about Nescafe probably mirrors British feelings about sun tea with 20 lemons in it. It’s freeze dried coffee like substance that looks vaguely like coffee. It’s not coffee. To be completely transparent, I don’t even drink Starbucks because their coffee is hot garbage. So I’m a bit of a coffee snob.

5 Likes
1 Like

I want to see some good football, either by Arsenal, or by Jack Grealish my man…

1 Like

If we let Villa come at us like they did in the earlier game we will get fucked again. Have to take the game to them and show we are the better team, plus make some fucking chances count.

2 Likes

Attacking 4 of Auba, Saka, Odegaard and Pepe please.

4 Likes

on Mat Ryan’s fitness…
He has not been available to train yet, and Alex is available, so we will have the choice between the two of them for the weekend. If Mat is able to train, and they are both fit, we will have a decision to make. If Mat is not fit, obviously Alex will be in goal.

on if it would be ‘gutting’ for Ryan to miss out…
This is football and these things happen. That’s why when we allowed Matt Macey to go, we knew that we had to get somebody else because we knew these things can happen. Unfortunately when you least need them, it actually happens. So we are more protected now, having Mat as well in the squad and let’s see if he’s fit. But for now, Alex is fit as well.

on Aubameyang being available…
Well he is available, he played a few minutes after 10 days of not doing much and hopefully in the next two days he feels good and he is available to contribute to the team.

on whether he’s having to manage Kieran Tierney carefully…
No, it’s a different injury in this case. Kieran is a player that really pushes himself and he has to be able to perform physically at his best because he cannot help himself. Even in training he can’t help himself. We are trying to manage him in the best possible way and find every possibility to give him the best chance to be fit as soon as possible, and we are here to support him as much as we can.

on whether he’s concerned that he will be playing games for Scotland soon…
No, what I want is that he’s fit to play for us as soon as possible, then if he’s fit and he’s ready to represent his country, there we go, it’s one of his dreams and he needs to fulfil that. But what I want is for him to play for Arsenal.

Doesn’t look like Tierney will be available… soon… Thank god Cedric is comfortable in that role now.

1 Like

We really need a quality left footed LB this summer. Tierney is clearly a fraud injury wise.

How many games has Tierney missed in his career for Arsenal vs how many he’s started.

Fraud roles his sleeves up but is soft as shit.

We need to get rid in the summer

Those Scots are just made of weaker stuff, it’s just something we’ll have to live with. Wouldn’t surprise me if Martinelli had some frail, weak Sottish heritage in that family tree of his somewhere.

6 Likes

Bought an expensive coffee machine for my wife for her birthday, use ground coffee now or beans that we ground in the machine, has settings for practically any kind of coffee or latte you can imagine, all with a touch of a button. Tastes as good if not better than the large vendors. I can never go back now, the smell and taste of fresh coffee beans is something else when compared to that insta stuff. Same thing for tea, use the leafs in an actual pot or a diffuser, night and day difference when compared to tea bags. Recently came across an Xmas blend from fortnum and mason which was the dogs bollocks, unfortunately it was seasonal and now can’t find anything close to that combination of flavours!

9 Likes

Going to be very hard to win with that keeper in goal, Villa will have the confidence to let fly from 30 yards, I don’t think I’ve ever seen a worse keeper at a premier league club.

1 Like
15 Likes