Aston Villa v Arsenal (PL)

If we sell Lacazette who will replace him ?
Nkethia?
Wow , that’s ambitious :roll_eyes:

Hopefully we put the money towards a player who is more suited to Arteta’s style and compliments Aubameyang better

Nah it’s not done, can still get a European place if we win both and Wolves lose a game.

I’d also give us 40% chance of winning the FA Cup. I do think Chelsea are a bit more likely to win it, but not by much (judging by recent form).

1 Like

Agreed.

And manage a 5 goal difference swing, maybe 6 depending on who’s scored more goals. We need Chelsea to thump them 4-0

Or we can win both our games by a couple of goals, then we just need wolves to lose by a couple goals.

I agree it’s all just getting pretty messy though and a lot needs to go right, the best path is just try and beat Chelsea in the cup final.

1 Like

We win both our games, and The Spuds lose to Palace, would be EVEN better… :rofl:

I’d love it if we somehow pulled an AC Milan and said to UEFA, “I’m out of the Europa League”. It’s just such a shit competition and I don’t want to have to go through the nonsense of having to play on Thursday and travel to the far side of Europe when doing so.

I just want Saturday football back, I’m sick to death of the Thursday-Sunday shit.

5 Likes

Bit of a gutter this isn’t it.

We want to win The FA Cup but we also want nothing to do with The Europa League and winning The FA Cup gets you into The Europa League

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Its to much of an opportunity with the CL qualification guarantee to ignore. Also we have a lot of young players who need to learn about all that goes on in european football.
Lastly its very important for Arteta as a learning curve. Losing to Olympiakos has clearly proved that and one im sure he would want to put right.
Thursday to Sunday isnt great but its tv scheduling and changing by the year on all football transmissions. Granted the comp is dreary in the early stages though.

2 Likes

Loved Adebayor that season

1 Like

We were class that season

4 Likes

Its like 3 years after the invincible season, madness how much the squad changed in that time and how different we played.

Teams just been announced

3 Likes

Some rotation there :weary:

2010 was a much simpler time. No fancy graphics.

Just a 140 character limit

Matt Smith ahead of Mesut Ozil in the pecking order. What a time!

2 Likes