Arsène Wenger

Allow it man

2 Likes

We played the better football but couldn’t close the show. I remember the commentator saying ‘Henry believes in the Golden Goal’ because of all the long shots he was shooting in extra time. They won on pens against the run of that match

That was also a very decent Gala side who’d put out the Leeds side who got to the CL semis a season or 2 later. I mean they had the legend that was Hagi and a Turkish genaration of players who had been signed by top Serie A sides or would be signed by top Europa sides

3 Likes

They had Claudio “Clownio” Taffarel in goal. Still we lost.

1 Like

Anything to take a dig at Wenger :joy::joy:

1 Like

Anything to defend Wenger? :yum:

1 Like

He doesn’t need defense he’s the best manager ever and anyone who thinks otherwise is smoked out af lmaooo :joy::joy::joy::joy:

Put your hand up for the England job Arsene.

1 Like

Arsenal Wanker will be a lot better than Gareth Shitgate

1 Like

England just need Potter to establish a coaching tree.

If he isn’t the answer, one of his protégées might be.

Also, you look at the amount of black players in the England team and in English football, and compare that to black coaches…

Now this isn’t necessarily a race thing. But I think it does illustrate that lack of opportunity to those that don’t have the connections, as you see when guys like Pardew, Allerdyce, Warnock, Bruce are basically doing tours of midtable to lower level PL clubs. Same old faces.

England have done very well in terms of sorting their player youth development, they have some great academies with talent coming out their arse.

But now they have to do the same to those that will be nurturing that talent

What’s Wenger done in Europe that makes him good for the Euros.
Was no good against continental opposition tournament wise.

1 Like

Yeah that’s a fair point, I just have a hunch he can get a lot out of that offensive talent, I always think international managers are a low bar, most of the good managers manage at club level.

1 Like

He reached European finals for one.
What is this bizarre notion that football magically changes once you land in Europe.

Wenger had a window of 3-4 season where he could make some impact in a knockout football.

Managers like Pep Guardiola just showed that you don’t always win the tournament even if you spend a billion dollar or be a great coach.

CL has always been won by the richest and it’s always an exception that a midtable team would win it.

1 Like

Non-starter this one.

Wenger’s gone on record in the past to say that he feels managing the national team belongs to someone of the same nationality.

:joy::rofl: papa Wengz really did have some classic one liners.

13 Likes

I remember Fergie reacting to that the way some people do to the whole “your mum” thing :joy:

2 Likes

80’s sex Icon - Big Papa Wengz

5 Likes

@BigWeng_4LYFE wishing he was that phone box

7 Likes

Makes a poor DR. Who.

2 Likes

Can’t believe Wenger is going for this :weary:

1 Like

Awful idea but Wenger is with the big bucks boys now

1 Like