Arsène Wenger

You do that and you start winning titles, competing at the pointy end of the CL you end up making that money back in revenue.

The Wages of the current Liverpool squad are pretty similar to what ours are now, so that wouldn’t be a problem.

2 Likes

Nope. I’m calling for big Mick McCarthy.

1 Like

With Roy Keane as his first team coach. :grinning:

1 Like

Nope, Terry Connor as always.

1 Like

Needed :grin:

3 Likes

We know for a fact that this wouldn’t have happened. Since he stopped buying under 23 players all together. Nor retaining the title part.

This club is not doing any better than what Wenger gave. That was peak.
It’s all mediocrity from here on.

Wenger brought glory to this club’s poverty and gave it a reputation it doesn’t deserve.

1 Like

Towards the end all he could bring us was the FA Cup as the talent, culture and identity of the squad dwindled and died. Now I enjoyed the FA Cup wins but as we’ve seen lately you can literally bring in a ballboy off the street to win you that.

1 Like

Prime Wenger for @BigWeng_4LYFE and @Trion

4 Likes

Oh my that win rate is quite something. Shame that there’s a difference of 10 league titles and 2 European Cups though.

I love Arsène but we’re not doing him any favours comparing him to SAF

6 Likes

Yeah I’m guessing that screen is from 97-2005 or something. If we didn’t move to the Emirates, and stayed at Highbury, We wouldn’t need to sell all our best players and Arsenals Trajectory could of been very different, we were competing with mediocre players for a while in the later 00’s, so maybe with better players there wouldn’t be such a gap in titles etc…

2 Likes

Tbh if the Glazer’s didn’t come into United, and Fergie gets the money for selling CR7 and Tevez there would be more titles at OT.

1 Like

I don’t think the move to the Emirates is the problem. When Fiszman, Dein and whoever made the plans I dont think they took Abramovich into account and how that would inflate tranfersums quickly. Those cunts bought everybody.

They had Drogba…and had Kezman, Crespo and Shevchenko in consecutive seasons from '04-'06. Cunts.

5 Likes

We had a zero net spend for over a decade. That lack of investment was always going to see a gradual drop off.

2 Likes

Yes. Which was a mistake by the club. What would have happened if they signed Arshavin summer 2009 in stead of winter 2010? Clearly the money was there.

1 Like

Weren’t we struggling for Top 4 that year? Wenger stated that we could only afford to miss the Champions League twice pre 2013 otherwise the club would be in serious trouble. I think there probably more that could be spent but we aimed to run at a transfer deficit to decrease risk.

Really we should have done what Spurs have and just paid off the interest on the debt.

1 Like

Exactly. That riskaverse approach bite us on the arse and was looking back the biggest reason for the decline. Arsenal basically dug its own grave. We can’t seem to get out of it ourselves either.

3 Likes

Ding ding ding. Dunno why this is so difficult for many ppl to comprehend but meh *shrug

2 Likes

Surprised at the stats tbh, underperformance in 2003-2005 for United (When we were at the peak of our powers) probably tilts those stats quite a bit.

Such fine margins.

1 Like

How many league titles do you believe the move to the Emirates from Highbury has cost us ?

1 Like