Arsène Wenger

Yeah the reality is for the majority of the 20 years we consistently finished in the top 4 we had a squad that was good enough to finish in the top 4. And even in the years that we had particularly bad squads, we would be battling the likes of Everton, Aston Villa and a very average Spurs side

1 Like

Yet City, Chelsea, United and Liverpool all went below 4th place during the time.
Wenger gave consistency for a long time.

I remember even on the old OA forums, something like 9-10 years ago, some members calling out Wenger for antiquated tactics and strategies, for playing the same tired tactics regardless of opposition.

Wenger revolutionised certain aspects of the game when he first came to England, then he got surpassed by a new batch of managers who grew with the modern game and anticipated, whereas Wenger was stuck in the same thoughts since his successes began and he was unable to evolve with the game himself once it overtook him.

Not to mention his tremendous stubbornness and ego did little good. We never challenged again for a title and the nail in the coffin was that season Leicester won it, where we really should have stepped up as a “big club” and taken it home.

5 Likes

City finished outside of top four because they were still a club ‘under construction’. Don’t forget that the takeover happened in 2008/09. SInce '10/'11 they haven’t finished outside top four. For Chelsea it were incidents too. During one of those seasons they won the CL and for the other they just came from winning the League. That is (slightly) different.

3 Likes

Sounds like bunch of excuses.
Their transfer spend and wages were above everyone else and they should have ended up in Top 4 regardless of other factors.

But the expenditure was on much before it. The handover was from one rich owner to another.

Or other way of tackling your post is to emphasis that with Wenger, we didn’t have those “incidents”

Yeah. Thaksin bought City before…in summer 2007. With mentioning City you are really reaching.

Chelsea might have had a couple of lows in missing out on top four, but had very high highs opposite that. Arsenal had…nothing. Well yeah. Three FA Cups :rofl:.

Let me remind who City lost the top 4 to.
Spurs.

Rest my case.

Are you comparing free spending Chelsea with financially restricted Arsenal?
They had to win trophies but they simply shouldn’t have any lows.

Laughable how you like to bend over to make excuses for rich clubs who clearly should be doing better.

The one who is agenda driven and ‘bending’ certain things is you. Yet again. But my bad. I should stop reacting to your ignorance. Or you should fuck off to wengeronline.com. I don’t understand why you’re still posting here, honestly.

Cristos not smelly enough for such a take

1 Like

Yep 1000 times…

Between you and me, you are the one who sucks dick of all clubs non Arsenal and I am the one who is defending Arsenal, and yet I should leave?

Gargle out the Chelsea cum out of your mouth and go get a nap

You’re not defending Arsenal. You’re defending Wenger. I (try to) place things in the right context. Which you clearly don’t. Everything you post on here is from a perspective to make Wenger look as good as possible.

5 Likes

Nope. We can all see it. :gunnersaurus:

2 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

What I want to know is who clicked the link to your fake website haha

By undervaluing the fuck up of other clubs, Sure. Very rational.

“Incidents”

I acknowledged the lows. As there were highs.

The highs were completely irrelevant to discussion.
Plus the highs were not even related.
One of your high was Chelsea winning title previous season. Success of last season doesn’t excuse mishap of current, especially for a club like Chelsea & City.

If city bow out of top 4 this season, it won’t be okay because they won the title last season.

In continuation, what are your excuses for United and Liverpool falling out of Top 4?

Go on, suck some more dicks

1 Like

Of course are the highs related…because of one of these instances (11/12) there wasn’t really a consequence of not making top four (read not being in the CL) and it meant they actually won the fucking thing. What making top four is all about. It might not excuse it, but after a (high) peak you can only go down. Btw after that 10th place finish they immediately won the League again.

I didn’t mention United and Liverpool because these clubs, like us in Wenger last seasons, were or are badly run. So it justified to mention them.

1 Like