Arsène Wenger

The Mata one was the most infuriating because if true we missed out on getting him for 16m because the release clause expired. That was just incompetance of either Dick Law or Wenger. Unless ofcourse Mata agreed with Valencia to let it expire to help his club get a greater fee, I suppose that’s possible.

But really someone other than Wenger should of been pushing the transfers through as they were in the David Dein days. And Dein is quoted as saying Arsene came back saying he wanted the player but the team demanded X amount above our budget so Dein just told him to sign the player anyway. That’s definitely something that changed.

5 Likes

Just seen this iconic press conference retweeted onto my timeline and don’t think I ever seen Wenger this angry haha.

Why do you look at me?

If Wenger decided to put up a half decent side v Blackburn at home the Saturday before, we’d have probably taken his side in that press conference.

Such an arrogant stance

5 Likes

The general consensus during those seasons (09/10 and 10/11) was that Arsenal was 1-3 players away from actually competing. You can’t possibly believe funds weren’t available in order to do that? Wenger trusted the players he had at his disposal. The frustration stems from the fact that exactly that didn’t happen. I can’t remember anyone expecting or demanding that we would win the PL. Just that we were close. In stead of getting closer to those sides the gap became wider because Nasri, Fabregas and van Persie were replaced with shit. I think that is also a big reason why these three players left anyway. City, Barcelona and United provided that environment to compete whilst Arsenal was busy saving money. After that it has always been a case of catching up.

The beautiful football had already died down during the ‘FA Cup-wins Era’.

3 Likes

I have no idea why you’d even bother to try and discuss this in a sensible manner with him.

All you’ll get in response is a load of shit and a “lelelelelel” to round things off.

8 Likes

I feel like sometimes I get a decent reply back. But I can’t be helped hahaha.

4 Likes

I remember being utterly gutted after that Blackburn match, it was one of the real lows cause it basically meant we’d gone 8 years without a trophy.

Let’s be fair to Wenger though; he came back and won 3 of the next 4 FA Cups straight afterwards, so he’s forgiven for that one.

2 Likes

Thanks for policing our conversation lelelelelel 🖒🖒

1 Like

I mean, I do actually have the power to police your conversation lol, and this ain’t it.

You crack on as you please mate, there are definitely a few people who appreciate your unique stylings.

Thank u for ur blessing :pray::pray:

2 Likes

I like this, it’s like we’re having a contest to see who can be more disingenuous.

1 Like

Oooh can I be a part of this? I really want to be a part of this

3 Likes

I win cause u were very genuine when u made sure I was fully aware of ur ‘power’ to literally police this forum lulul :joy::joy:

1 Like

Everyone is aware already. I said it more to illustrate that I’m clearly not policing your conversation, because I could if I wanted to.

Anyway, I’m being a fool engaging on this level with someone with your username and profile picture. Have a good ebening

Last time I saw Wenger was in a bar in Spain. He was on the TV and I was told to leave because I couldn’t stop booing.

2 Likes

Big Weng :eyes:

1 Like

Did she get a face transplant? :wenger2:

Did he.

1 Like

No, Doddy.

(Damn, that blasted punchline only works if someone makes the joke first)

This tweet from last year flashed up on my Twitter feed today. Topical.

What a man.

5 Likes