Arsène Wenger

The fall off has happened since Cazorla got injured. We won every game he started in 16/17 IIRC

Going from Santi to Xhaka was a disaster. As was losing Mertesacker and Koscelny to injuries with only Mustafi and Holding coming in as replacements.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/chiefafc/status/1137317223901605888?s=19

https://twitter.com/MCFCArmy1894/status/1137317793672630272?s=19

:wenger2:

Page doesn’t exist, what was the bants?

It was in reply to this, people tweeting Wenger helped him become a dictator like him ffs

1 Like

We went and lost our next home match to West Brom, but still, I miss this kind of football. We’re so drab nowadays.

11 Likes

Beautiful stuff but I also remember the thousands of minutes we spent passing the ball sideways outside the area

12 Likes

Beautiful football that we haven’t seen for about 4 years. Cesc was pretty much the focal point, when he left the quality started to decline rapidly

4 Likes

Yes :joy::joy: Even people that didn’t know jack shit about football would pop up with the classic ‘Arsenal always try to walk the ball into the net’

1 Like

It’s all slipping further and further into the memory. It used to be a joy to watch. The clubs in decline since Kroenke took over. Let’s hope he goes soon so we can start heading back to this. It shows that Wenger in his prime was good. Such a shame he damaged his legacy so badly in his final few years. He was a great manager in his heyday. Just lost his way at the end.

2 Likes

I’d go as far as to say we haven’t seen that kind of football for closer to 6-7 years to be honest. Wenger started buying players that didn’t fit his idea of football and it went to shit from there.

8 Likes

Yes and we’d lose cuz of a lapse of concentration on a counter attack. However would you rather control a match and utterly dominate 90% of teams we face, or be shit on by 10 man Watford? Choice is easy for me.

I’d absolutely love to go back to the playing beautiful football and winning fuck all, I don’t think you’d find any fans that argue that its way more fun than playing like shit and winning fuck all.

1 Like

Back in the days we all agreed we’d sacrifice beautiful football if it meant winning something. We sacrificed it and we still don’t win shit so at least bring us some beautiful football back lol

3 Likes

I can remember a beautifully constructed goal similar to that won goal of the season.

Was it Wilshere v Norwich?

2 Likes

The last time I remember us playing beautiful football is probably as far back as an away game against Hull in like 2014 or something. We were ridiculous.

We played beautiful football when we were winning. Everything else is just a bit rose tinted pulling out a clip here and their to populate a myth.

1 Like

Hmm, didn’t we lose to a 10 man West Brom and Bolton several times under Wenger?

I feel like we did

I remember being 2-0 up against a shithouse WBA and still losing

Don’t remember this…

2 Likes

Maybe the Wigan game away that.

1 Like

Yeah was it this @Cristo?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/8623214.stm

3 goals conceded after 80 minutes!!

Elite bottle job :joy:

5 Likes