Arsène Wenger

That’s what we have atm, tbh. They are all Wenger’s players.

1 Like

Ppl like u have ruined the club more than Arsene ever did. Arsene built this club, what have u ever done for Arsenal Luca?? :joy::joy::joy:

I don’t talk with Wenger’s son.

2 Likes

and you have done what exactly?? Apart from kissing Wengers ass!

1 Like

× bit on the side

We were shitting on EL clubs last season under Wenger. Only got knocked out by Atletico and even they had difficulty doing that. This is a whole new low my dood, better wake up and smell the coffee.

1 Like

Keep clinging to this. Europa semi finalist best he managed in europe in a fucking decade. Never gets far in any argument as a great when europe gets discussed in reality. Benitez destroys him in that argument before we get anywhere near the true greats.
Under achiever is his legacy on the european stage.

1 Like

Benitez? Still a questionable Champions League win with all that Italian Football scandal. 3-0 down and coming back to 3-3 against a world class side. I don’t think so. Just because Liverpool was English and UEFA don’t want to tarnish their prestigious competition. They kept it hush hush.

Benitez beating Marseille in the UEFA Cup Final in the season when even Newcastle manages to reach the Semis. Let’s not even talk about his Europa League win with Chelsea. With a world class Cech in his prime, Cole, Lampard etc. You are expected to win.

Yes he did better than Wenger but with better resources and circumstances.

Rafa never had sides as good as Wenger’s 2002-2005 Arsenal sides, so yeah I think we can say he is the superior manager in European competition…

2 Likes

You don’t think his Valencia sides were up there in terms of quality?

They actually knocked us out of Europe in 2003, didn’t they? (And in 2001, but I’m not sure if Rafa was their manager then)

They were good, but not as good as the Arsenal sides in that period, Henry, Bergkamp, Pires, Freddy, PV, Sol, Ashley etc, we underachievied massively in Europe…

2 Likes

Big John Carew, they did us on away goals in the quarters 2001 and knocked us out on the 2nd group phrase with a matchday 6 win at the Mestalla 2003.

The 2001 one home game was memorable for Ray Parlour’s screamer. The roof came off Highbury.

I can remember the 2003 game at the Mestalla for Franny Jeffers tripping over Robert Pires leg in the dying stages and looking to the ref for a penalty

1 Like

What id like to know is why does everyone act like Wenger wasn’t screwed out of his CL title in 2006? We got robbed. Wenger won the CL that season as far as I’m concerned.

No disagreement there mate, we fumbled out of group stages quite a bit if i recall. Even pre-2001 there was a case to be made, didn’t we lose to PAOK in his first season? :facepalm:

Edit: That was Gladbach, PAOK was the season after.

1 Like

I’ll bite. How did Wenger got robbed?

Yeah 99 we went out in the 1st group phase, 2000 1st group phrase in a group that contained Barca and Fiorentina, 2001 QF Valencia, 2002 2nd group phase Leverkusen, Juve and Deportivo from memory, 2003 2nd group phase Valencia matchday 6 a & 2004 Wayne Bridge QF fuck our lives.

1 Like

Refs robbed us, was never a red card and we still almost won with 10 men. Wenger was far and away better than anyone in the world that year.

Lol I can remember watching the 2nd leg v PAOK Salonika on a grainy, newly initiated channel 5 signal. Great goal by Bergkamp to put us ahead on the night and make it 1-1 on aggregate. We then conceded a late equaliser :pensive: