Arsène Wenger

So THATS where you work @Luca_from_Italy

1 Like

Has he got any jobs going?!

That explains how we ended up with Mustafi then…

7 Likes

Is this stat DNA he’s talking about, the company that pretty much got every signing wrong?

4 Likes

This is what happens when you take fantasy football too seriously

1 Like

Worse than him by watching so many games at the same time!

Arsene is the biggest football geek of all time.

2 Likes

So Wenger buys a company that sorts out the best players, using a system of measuring all the different elements a player has in a game, like passing, distance covered, work rate, etc.

This sounds too good to be true.

I wonder why know one has asked Wenger the question that, if this company is so brilliant, did he waste 90m in one window on Xhaka, Mustafi and Perez?

Maybe he shoulda based the company in a country that knows it’s football.

5 Likes

Well as the VAR boys say, Dont blame the machine.

Is that a criticism of wenger? :cech:

1 Like

Nah, it’s the rich people’s latest trend. Everyone has their own neural network for the weirdest stuff. Football people have theirs for players(or general staff) and results. Unfortunately Ivan bought a shitty one and probably didn’t even consult Wenger regarding those findings.

1 Like

Nope.

To what? Mustafi, Xhaka and Perez not being Wenger signings?
Well, sorry, I can’t believe the guy who couldn’t spend the 30m on Cavani, 50m Suarez(shoukd have covered it at the time) and 40m on Hazard went ahead and signed those guys.
Wenger clearly wanted Kante. Xhaka wasn’t starting till fans begged for it(because the bloke could shoooot). He wanted to get rid of Mustafi after just one season, unprecedented for Arsene. Same with Perez. He excluded Kola from his plans, just months in. People forget that Wenger can be ruthless. Got reminded of that from his punditry. Best eye for talent ever.
Can’t blame him for having to work with what he got. Isn’t that consensus here nowadays? :ghost:

Wenger had the final say on signings.

I doubt he had the final say on Perez etc, otherwise he would have used him slightly more.

2 Likes

No chance for that imo. Mavro was the first player signed without wenger OKing it because we where getting ready to change to sven

I honestly think he didn’t sign Perez, and if he did it was a complete panic buy because he’d left it to the last minute and he didn’t know what he was getting. I actually rated Perez for what he was, but Wenger clearly didn’t at all. You’d think he’d have had more of an idea of what he was getting if he’d been in complete control of that decision.

3 Likes

Basically what everyone thought about Wenger for the last four years of his reign

1 Like

Btw, all it showed was that the club was a fucking mess. Arsenal suddenly available with funds. Gazidis pushing his StatDNA propaganda. Wenger not wanting to spend unless it’s on a worthy player. Wenger ending up with players he doesn’t rate and at the time, surplus. And to add the icing on the cake, the actual owner of the club couldn’t care less about the state of the club.
Look at Arsene’s last summer window. Dude fell in love with Mbappe and wanted to get him here before he goes. It sucks because I think that’s what set the Laca arrival on the wrong footing. Gazidis wanted to spread the investment (did a shit job in the end) while Arsene was looking to pull an RVP kind of deal, buying a player that could carry a team on his back. We ended up with the cancer staying in our team, pulling antics during goal celebrations so the fucker Henry could pick us apart during his analysis.

2 Likes