Arsène Wenger

I am chuffed by the positive reactions in the comment section of videos starring Wenger these days.
As long as you live in a dignified manner, you will be able to command respect.

Change was needed but quite miss him.

3 Likes
8 Likes

FFS- why couldn’t the silly fucker just have retired after one of the FA cup wins? He clearly had to go but I still don’t like certain elements of how it happened.

1 Like

Becoming more clear to me that Arsenal is a sinking ship and if anything Arsene was just far too loyal and refused to abandon, wanted to go down with his ship.

1 Like

2 Likes

Fabregas said lately that he never asked Arsene personally why he didn’t opt to sign him. Hope they found time to make up. No reason to hold grudge over it. I don’t. Most fans don’t anymore. Cesc has the perfect background to become a coach. It didn’t happen as player but he can return in a managerial position if he’s up for it.

My mates son coaches Wenger’s daughter at her University in Cambridge. He coaches her in the javelin and field sports .

5 Likes

Oh wow that’s really cool

After Cesc joined Arsenal he said ‘I don’t know why Arsene’s stopped taking my calls and texts’ lol

Edit that should read after Cesc joined Chelsea, brainfart central here

1 Like

I would imagine his daughter must be quite tall and athletic because his wife was a French basketball player and Wenger himself is not short, and was a professional footballer.

1 Like

His son has met AW and said he is everything portrayed by close friends . He said a truly likeable gentleman

3 Likes

Well done Arsène on the award you received.

I must say since he’s been gone, most of my memories regarding Arsène have been on all the good he’s done for us, wish he left 5 years earlier but what’s done is done.

5 Likes

Why tho? Arsene being backed by the board could still do a lot better than Emery atm. And things were looking up when we had the potential of Diamond Eye to recruit top young talent and have them managed by a guy like Arsene who can bring out the best in attacking players to perform at their peak.

Right now the future of our club looks bleak af. Whereas a year ago when we got Auba and then Sven bought Guendouzi and Torreira, and was unearthing gems in the market, the future looked abaolutely bright. Now we’ve got the most uninspiring players being targeted for fucking loans we cant even afford to buy these shitters :joy::joy::joy:

Reality is Arsene is a better manager than anyone we’ll be able to attract in the near future. The only thing we were missing was someone to provide him with some adept players which we had in Sven, FINALLY. We’ve gone backwards tbh.

There aren’t many people who have met him that say anything else, other than he is interesting, likeable and classy.
Apart from a certain Portugese manager who is looking for a new job.

2 Likes

I think I’m astonished at his grasp of the English language. In a country where a colloquial or grammatical slip can misconstrue an entire sentence, he was very thoughtful and careful about what he said.

He spoke better English than Whiskey Breath, and English is his first language!

1 Like

The guy has charisma, always draws you in. Naturally though as a non-native and polyglot he can lose his train of thought and just go around the topic, just to remember the topic in the end and just squeeze everything together. :joy:
He even did it with the Ozil situation. He tried to put Ozil over as a top, top player that will cost insane amounts to replace and is better off keeping him on big wages, yet he started off about contracts making players complacent, which at the end had nothing to do with Ozil. :joy: Gotta cut hin some slack though, being away from UK probably allowed him to get away from English making him more rusty in his answers.

Was thinking how it’s made fun of, the fact that Wenger has been setting all those deadlines about deciding his future but you know what? The guy has been racking millions upon millions for nearly two decades, getting stressed every day, doing the same shit, having the same routine. No wonder he doesn’t live up to his promises. He really has no reason to return. He probably is falling with love with the sport all over again watching it as a fan and it shows.

And, he can’t stop getting rewarded for how awesome he was/is. :smile:

A4T has a monopoly on this sort of thing. Do yourself a favour and learn from the main guy. Reeled me in a fair few times in the past.

1 Like

Good to see Jose give Arsene the respect he deserves in an interview recently.

The football we played under Wenger in the first half of his tenure was just sublime, shame for me as much as I enjoyed it I probably took it for granted to a certain degree, as it was all I knew.

2 Likes

Arsene also said his relationship with Mourinho has improved since his ‘retirement’ lol. Great times.