Arsène Wenger

But we beat them at everything during all this time as well. Why is it tragic. By the same rule it is perfectly fine then that the rest of the teams beat us? Or do you mean current situation as in the current table positions?

1 Like

You’re better than this

Current table and squad positions… the last 3 years really… they were ahead of us last year by FOURTEEN POINTS. 2016/2017 they were ahead of us by 11 points. We only nicked them by one point the year that LC won it all but they were in the race for top longer than us…

Fact is, you assemble the last 4 years including this year, they are a far superior club to us.

1 Like

No they are not. They are currently in the second most significant period in their history and their first period of relevancy in over 50 years. They’ve a long way to go to be a superior club to us though. They are just, at this point in time, doing things better than we are in a lot of respects.

5 Likes

yeah I would agree with Sham on this. No debate scum are hot stuff right now but this is an absolute rarity for them and so far it has yielded absolutely nothing in the cabinet and it probably won’t this season either.
But they’ve done well to keep the likes of Poch, Son and Eriksen (and Alli the cunt), just like they’ve done well in the past few weeks to grind out the 3 pts even with their key players out. We seem pretty bad in those two areas lately lol

1 Like

Well I said last 4 years. Obviously they aren’t near the stature of the Arsenal for many, many reasons.

2 Likes

Superior team*

They won’t be a superior club in any of our lifetimes :arteta:

1 Like

Yeah poor choice of word agreed

1 Like

Fair, you did. I just don’t think it works like that. A club is the sum of all its history to me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Especially if you’re a Liverpool supporter :grinning:

1 Like

Not if he didn’t agree to go, knowing how much he’d get on a free

Spurs have still spent about the same us though and have a better net spend because they’ve been far better than us at flogging players. In that time they’ve hit gold with their own youth project with light with a once in a generation type talent with Alli, Kane, Dier, Rose, Winks and Walker coming through. If they hadn’t those players come through they wouldn’t be where they are now. Comparatively we’ve had Bellerin, Holding and Iwobi come through in that timespan.

We’ve spent 134 million more than them gross in last 8 years combined.

1 Like

I got less than that with the figures I was working with. Still even using your figures, up until last summer that would be 50m, or 7m a year.

The numbers are skewed by transfer inflation in the past few years

There was hardly any youth movement post-2012. If there was a youth movement anyway. Van Persie, Nasri, Hleb, Koscielny, Vermaelen were all reasonably experienced players.

1 Like

What’s the excuse for the 15/16 season?

2 Likes

It made me really happy when he said “I enjoy daily life now” with a big smile on his face.

Everytime you see him now, he seems genuinely happy and looks like the weight of the world has been lifted off his shoulders.

The fear was always that he would be lost after Arsenal, but I think it’s clear that it was as important a decision for him as it was for us to move on.

4 Likes

Does he have a family? I’m genuinely not sure if he’s married with kids, etc

He got divorced a few years ago and has a daughter.