Arsène Wenger

How can there be a WOB if Wenger is already out :thinking::thinking:

2 Likes

With the assumption that he comes back. :joy::joy:

Well after tonight abysmal display it’s clear for all to see that Wangers DNA lives on . This was a typical display, taken from any of the past 15 odd years .

1 Like

Nah we generally beat Eastern European part timers under Wenger in Europe, that’s something he could manage.

1 Like

Mate you pay your dues, your in for life. Nobody taking my membership card.

4 Likes

There are a litany of dismal performances on Wenger’s time against very poor opposition… but this is a silly argument anyway… the measure is on a body of work, not one game or two games.

1 Like

For the league you need the squad though, you can’t do it without it. We actually did 89 points in 2013 but either end of those 2 seasons our squad fell apart.

People are actually complaining we didn’t win the league when we had an ancient Flamteta as our midfield base. What do they expect?

We constantly sold our best player and didn’t spend the money for years. Vieira, Henry, Adebeyor, Fabregas, Nasri, RVP in not many seasons. And after Cesc/RVP left it was clear we dropped down a level.

We weren’t replacing with similar quality because of financial restrictions. So why is anyone surprised our quality level dropped and continued to drop off? The real disaster was the Mustafi and Xhaka window but the fact we’re affected so much by 2 signings shows the effect of more than a decade of underinvestment.

Facts?

1 Like

Nah

6 Likes

Total bullshit. We went 9 years without winning a trophy and 14 years without winning the league. That’s fucking patience.

5 Likes

He got 7 or 8 seasons to improve his teams and fix obvious mistakes. In stead of that he gave away a title that was given to Arsenal lol.

5 Likes

He’s defo trolling! Gotta be!

2008, 2014 and 2016 should have been league wins. We deserve three league titles is what we deserve.

2 Likes

We?
Haha

That imposter isn’t me btw

1 Like

It’s not Wenger’s fault that whomever decided to build a stadium and handicap the fuck out of us for the foreseeable future. Wenger is a hero for sticking it out with the club. Not many others would.

I do agree with the tweet. For the kind of abuse this legend endured, the club deserves what it gets at this point, karma’s a bitch.

2 Likes

The personal abuse was unwarranted, but we persisted too long with the guy.

I’ll still always love him and appreciate him as a legend for AFC though.

5 Likes

This baffles me greatly and always has. He doesn’t employ himself or any other manager at the enterprise that is the Arsenal. He is a stubborn man who does his best but you want better. That’s (was) the situation. Look I understand and support heat of the moment ventilation and feelings in general but the systematic planned abuse etc. It is misdirected and it should be obvious it is. A board hires and fires managers. They’re the decision makers and the responsible ones.

But while I agree any type of ‘abuse’ other than ventilating, like yelling dumb shit in the heat of the moment (but not to the person’s face) is stupid, I also don’t think ‘the club’ deserves punishment either, and I don’t think it’s a contradiction to think so :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

The club is run by a bunch of fucking morons, so the club are always gonna struggle regardless, unless they hire the next Arsene out of dumb luck. The ppl who don’t deserve to see their club do well or win trophies, are that toxic element of fans who revealed themselves in Arsene’s twilight. Ya know the attention seeking, toxic shit head AFTV types.

What? We finished 6th last season, with the worst point-tally under him. Should have we kept him? :face_with_raised_eyebrow: