Arsène Wenger

Why stop there with Hindsight?

lol you of all people can’t accuse me of lazy retorting

I just don’t get why Wenger didn’t help his own cause by being more prepared for games against the opposition. This, undoutedbly, would have put him in the shop window for more jobs now.

Its like we’ve taken the prom queen home, married her, left her and now she thinks we’ve ruined her for all men. All the prom queen had to do was put some slap on

1 Like

Come back when you have something to add.

You can’t tell me when to come back

1 Like

You’re right I forgot Cazorla

Of course not because I know you have nothing to add

Well that’s true but only because you cannot motivate me to add anything.

My zero contribution plus yours make our cumulative contribution negative.

I was wrong. You do have gibberish to add.

It’s not really hindsight. Kompany and Suarez were very highly rated and perfectly obtainable targets. Coutinho had a failed stint at Inter but still had a big reputation.

I could probably list you 20 more off the top of my head.

1 Like

I know. Most of the time.

3 Likes

Your knowledge is of no significance

Bollocks.
No one was head over heels over us missing out on Suarez & Coutinho. Very few people knew about Coutinho.

Company while inexpensive was never gonna join Arsenal over high wage club like City.

But that’s against 4 sides that spent 2-3 times as much as us in the transfer market.

When we won our FA Cups beating City/Chelsea/United we certainly were punching above our weight, given how everyone now is saying how shit this squad is

1 Like

1 Like

In 2010 Suarez cost £23million. A fee we had never shelled out on a player, a fee way above our net spend of any season and a fee we wouldn’t pay for another 3 years when we got better sponsorship deals in place.

In 2012 when asked if he would be one of the clubs in for Hazard who would cost £30m Wenger replied ‘I have to make £10m profit per season’.

Yea we could have pulled off Countinho or maybe Kompany before City came in for him and the player recruitment got progressively worse.

We were actually interested in Kompany before he went to Hamburg.

1 Like

So we only punched above our weight a few times then, thanks.

Which led to trophies. You are welcome

1 Like

Papering over the cracks more like.

Wenger was a joke towards the end and in the latter half of his tenure, the fact he eeked out a few FA cups and people wanted him gone regardless says it all.

1 Like

When a ‘joke’ of a manager manages to punch above his weight and win trophies, it says more about his brilliance.

2 Likes