Arsène Wenger

Just tried to buy some and the robbing cunts still want me to pay full price for red membership even though it’s only valid until the end of May. Fucking fuckers.

I got mine off a season ticket holder mate at face value. I did check the ticket exchange but there wasn’t a single ticket available.

https://streamable.com/4yjpg

3 Likes

I’ve had to think about this a bit but I’ve realized that I’m not even sad that we are getting a management change, we’ve needed it. The on field product has deteriorated far too much. I’m more saddened that the ugly side of football has finally won the war. The greed, disloyalty, what have you done for me lately, cutthroat business of football has won. In Arsene’s own words:

Blockquote
the best way to create an identity with the way we play football, to get players integrated into our culture, with our beliefs, our values, was to get them as young as possible and to develop them together. I felt it would be an interesting experiment to see players grow together with these qualities, and with a love for the club." He pauses, smiles wryly, and adds, “It was an idealistic vision of the world of football.”

It breaks my heart that his positive outlook on the world of football was wrong, and ultimately it was his downfall. However I wouldn’t have wanted it done any other way. Arsene put loyalty, friendship, and family as a priority over wins and losses, that’s something I admire. So he lost his job because of it, but one thing that can’t be taken from the man is the adoration of the footballing world. Arsene is genuinely a good mentor and person, and he is looked up to for that. Arsene was the last of the managing Mohicans.

Crazy part of all of it for me personally is that I never even enjoyed the title winning years because I wasn’t watching yet. Arsene drew me to the club I now love and will support forever. He drew me to this club because, the culture Wenger fostered at Arsenal is about more than just football. It’s about how to be good at life, I admire the man so much for this. One of my happiest sporting moments in life, was seeing Arsene hoist that FA Cup after so many years of drought. Podolski chasing him around with that bottle of champagne :joy::joy:. The subsequent FA Cups that followed were a small bit of vindication for the man in the twilight of his manegerial career.

Thanks Big Weng. I’ll never get to see you win the Premier League, or the Champions league but for me, I’m glad that I got to witness the last vestiges of a time when football was about something greater than the bottom line.

21 Likes

Great post :+1:

3 Likes

Got the last telegraph in one of my local shops but the guardian was much harder to find :joy: had to go into the town next to mine and found one finally in the 5th shop I tried :joy:

That is an image that will follow me forever! :joy:

Top post bbe. x :kissing_heart: (NH)

3 Likes

@BigWeng_4LYFE that genuinely is an amazing post.

I kinda agree, I’m sad at what football has become since Abramovich and later the Sheikhs took the romanticism and humanity out of football.

Completely capitalised a community sport. Like everything, rich cunts have come in and almost ‘gentrified’ the sport

7 Likes

Disgusting from the Daily Mail, truly disgusting! Filthy right-wing newspaper.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5641497/Arsenal-sacked-Arsene-Wenger-paid-9m-leave.html

1 Like

Its the Daily Fail - what did you expect !!

1 Like

Not being funny but I find both possibilities to be hard to believe, Kroenke sacking him or him stepping down. :upside_down_face:

Obviously one of them is true and as the club have said he stepped down, that’s the one I’d go with. #FtheFail

Reporting what we all think is probably the truth.
Terrible newspaper.

1 Like

1 Like

:giroud2:

7 Likes

He stayed in the job for 10 more years after this interview…

I sincerely wish for Wenger to have the greatest of send-offs. But let’s be real here. Wenger time and time had the opportunity to fix mistakes. It wasn’t either like he adhered to his ‘philosophy’ the past five years or so.

4 Likes

I hate Gary Lineker commenting on Wenger. If ever there was the embodiment of the media doing a 180 on Wenger, it’s him.

Openly mocking Wenger at the end of Match of the Day (glad I don’t watch that shit. At the time, I remember asking if he would do the same to Ferguson? As it happens, he’s never done it to another manager since). Openly mocks him, now he’s waxing lyrical.

Le Boss :giroud2:

9 Likes

Fuck France! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

Fucking hell I wanted Wenger out so badly but watching this :sob::sob::sob:

https://twitter.com/bbcthree/status/987267576165171201

13 Likes

I fucking love that.

3 Likes