Arsène Wenger

To be honest, I don’t even know if we need a caretaker. Mertesacker organizing the fucking players until the end of the season would be better at this point then Arsehole Wenger.

1 Like

Can’t believe he’s still in charge.

https://twitter.com/mrjakedwood/status/970615918064820224

https://twitter.com/mrjakedwood/status/970631483554746368

10 Likes

https://twitter.com/paddypower/status/970599309946380288

Somewhere in the midlands, Pards is re-enacting his dance

2 Likes

Gonna keep F5ing this and twitter until he leaves.

1 Like

I don’t think he will resign because it will be admitting he was wrong, and that’s not something he does very often.

More likely there will be a statement that the club and Wenger have reached a mutual agreement and he will leave the club.

They will then announce a street party to be held outside the Emirates stadium where up to 100,000 supporters are expected to turn up.

So PP have paid out 14 bets then.

https://twitter.com/afcstuff/status/970602382492160000?s=19

1 Like

That’s a bit too harsh now. Up until not long ago Wenger used to get the most out of players. Remember Hleb? Went to Barca and became shit. Same story with Alex Song, same with many other players. Up until not long ago he had the best eye for young talented players (and best scouts) in the business. Times have changed, partly due to the huge influx of money into the game.

I for one quite dislike this whole “Wenger out” charade. The man deserves way more respect than he’s being shown right now. The reality is that his authority has been undermined (from inside? who knows) and the players are affected by the whole uncertainty surrounding the situation. And the streak of loses doesn’t do their confidence any good. But it could have happened to any manager.

That doesn’t mean that I wouldn’t like to see some new blood, a more energetic type driving a new Arsenal (he’s gotten a bit old, hasn’t he), but the reality is that you can’t easily find that today. If Arsenal replace Wenger, we’ll most likely be replacing mercenary-managers every season, and get the wage structure out of control. Wenger cared a lot about the long-term stability of the club, and no new manager that cares about his personal glory (i.e. quick success) will care about that.

3 Likes

Lol

tl;dr

2 Likes

Liked for different view compared to the Wenger out cluster fuck going on atm

I do remember those guys. One of them left us almost ten years ago and the other almost 6 years ago.

6 Likes

Says it all really. I was gonna post something sarcastic on the same subject. But then I realised I feel sorry for Arsene, very sorry. 8 million times sorry for him. Poor bugger.

Please make this resignation happen.

The difference between Wenger and any other manager is that any other manager wouldn’t be given several seasons to sort out this mess.

Do you seriously believe that we are in this chaotic position because "his authority has been undermined from inside?’

Wenger has put us in this position, no one else, and he has to take responsibility.

Rather than letting the same manager drag us further down every season?
As for mercenary managers, surely you can’t be naive enough to believe Wenger stayed here out of some loyalty to us.
He stayed here because it suited him exactly.
He ran everything himself and was under no pressure from the board.
He also got paid 8m a season for doing it.

No other club in Europe would give any manager the same control and the same wages so that’s why he stayed here.

3 Likes

Who would takeover with our current poor form and low team morale? .

Someone who likes the sound of £8 million plus a year

2 Likes

I know we have the conditions to attract good talent, but who is currently unemployed and willing to come here right now that chabge things around?

There aren’t many top managers out there that can do the job and that can come here right away.

2 Likes

Well I doubt Alexis gets the same numbers at United as he did here

Money wise I guess higher numbers are hitting his bank account.