Arsène Wenger

This

https://twitter.com/arseblog/status/958454124248535044

5 Likes

Sad but most Arsenal fans will celebrate Wengers Retirement like a marquee signing. I know I would. The man is way past his best. Cant spot talent, cant develop talent, cant drill a team tactically, cant motivate a squad…

15 Likes

…but is a fucking expert at signing new contracts!

1 Like

And everyone can see it except the one who matters the most.

Stan is an utter bastard.

2 Likes

That could be said for the past 15 odd seasons or how ever long it’s been

1 Like

When are the Wenger Out memes gonna get up and running again. Far more entertaining than this Ornstein ones.

Believe, believe, believe. I want to cry.

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger: "I felt defensively we were very poor and made big mistakes. It’s better not to talk about the second or third goals.

"Swansea were sharp, disciplined and hungry. Unfortunately I believe we were not good enough, I believe we were not disciplined enough.

“I don’t want to talk about second or third goals.”

on our away form…
Maybe after a while it becomes a confidence problem as well, but overall it’s easy to put it down to confidence and tonight it’s very difficult to find a rational explanation behind our performance.

He doesn’t know why we made so many mistakes :facepalm: :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

A few seasons ago people said dont sack Wenger or you could end up with a Moyes situation at United. Well without doing that Wenger has got us to that level on his own.
Failed to beat Swansea, Stoke, west Ham, West Brom or Bournemouth and bored the shit out of us in the process.
Our entire league season now over in January. Cannot tolerate him any longer. He has lost his way, direction and understanding of modern day football. Its no longer sad more pathetic that the man has any support in the boardroom.
Players past and present know it. Fans, commentators, pundits and Wenger apologists know it. Usually end these posts with just go, but tonight just fuck off will suffice.

13 Likes

We have no business thinking we are top 4 worthy with this away form. Our absolute bottom is 6th, but we are closer to that middle pack than the top and Pool and Spurs and Chelsea are likely finish above us. Decline defined.

5 Likes

Really speaks to how much he loves the club. Rather than have the club pay Arsene out the rest of his contract and hire a guy like Moyes, Arsene is just saving the club some cash.

Joking aside I question how motivated Arsene is right now and how well he can motivate the players right now. We know that there were issues in the locker room. We know that the club captain almost never plays.

I’m wondering if with Sven and co. seemingly chopping and changing the transfer policy if Arsene is feeling a little cut out and isn’t focused on prepping the team.

He really should have left last summer. I’m so so so worried that Stan will allow him to stay and probably give him some sort of extension. The club will no doubt pass it off as some sort of bridge contract while the new director of football gets situated.

4 Likes

I still think that this might be his last season. Surely, he has to realize that he can’t find the right combinations/methods to bring out the best in his players. His refusal to bench Xhaka in favor of someone else continues to expose the defenders. I refuse to believe that the backline is this bad. Mustafi, Kos, Nacho and Bellerin are much better than they are playing together.

The attack in previous seasons would cover up organizational issues with the defending and now the team can barely muster chances away from home.

He’s got more money than he’ll ever spend, so I don’t see that as motivation to stay around.

He’s got to be miserable at this point. He should step aside and allow the club to move forward. Can’t continue in this state of purgatory.

1 Like

The scariest thing for me is that I actually think he’s still as motivated as ever, it’s just that he doesn’t see the shitstorm he’s created around himself. I think it speaks to his delusion.

Sure, after each match we lose he looks deflated and clueless, and it’s happening more often now of course. But I’m sure he wakes up the next day after defeats like this and is once again utterly convinced of his own brilliance, and that he’s the man to turn this all around.

3 Likes

Missing the Champions League again should be the nail in the coffin for him. Don’t think the board would be happy with this.

Exactly.
Three injury prone and one overweight player.

The words of someone who won’t be here next season.
Wenger has completely lost it.
He can’t even be bothered to make up excuses anymore because he knows everyone is laughing at him.

He is the only manager in the PL that could take over from Guardiola at Man City and not win the title this season.

By his recent interviews I really think he will leave, or be pushed, at the end of the season.
I would put money on it.

1 Like

He’ll want to have a full season with Aubameyang, Mikhtaryan and Ozil won’t he? I’m pretty sure Big Weng’s our man for 2018/19

3 Likes

I thought that a few weeks ago but he seems to have lost the dressing room and his transfer dealings look as if they are being done by someone else.

He has just lost to Swansea, who before yesterdays game were the lowest scorers, at the bottom of the PL and who hadn’t scored more than two goals in a game all season.

He might want a full season with the new players but they aren’t going to make that much difference, considering we have just lost our best player.

It looks like we have had a good transfer window but realistically we have only spent what we have sold, and buying two attacking players, no matter how good they are, isn’t going to stop us letting in so many goals.

I just can’t see him staying on.
He might not resign but I think if we finish outside the CL places, which looks likely, he will be gone.

Whoever takes over is going to have to sort out the complete shambles that Wenger has made, so they had better be a manager that realises how big the job is.

1 Like

Fucking hope not. Auba would ask to leave at that point :rofl:

I thought that was the case anyway, but if he wins the Europa League that’s fair enough.

Only saving grace of our showing at Bournemouth and Swansea is where not facing our annual CL annihilation. Cant face another campaign with this man in charge. Using that for my mantra if Europa goes south too.