Arsène Wenger

Shoot me but I’d like to see us finish 6th and trophyless which makes his position untenable.

Winning stuff might make Wenger stay.

Short term pain for long term gain

2 Likes

How does this and #NotMyPresident work?

Yeah, I don’t get this whole hashtag thing either. Means fuck all to me.

hashtag is a search facilitation item for social media. If you hashtag a word, all people searching for that word will end up to your post as well as all other posts that have hashtaged that word.

At least that’s the purpose of it. However, as with anything social media and new technology, stupid people use it thinking they are cool because they do.

4 Likes

Ancelotti, god…if that is the idea for Wenger’s successor then I fear for the future of this club.

1 Like

Trion just went full Alex Jones!

Right now I’d take Mr Blobby as a replacement.

Wenger will never walk. Will need to be payed off. Now that would be a move by the board if it happened.

2 Likes

i can see him walking at the end of his contract he is getting others overshadowing him now and showing him up. I dont think his ego can allow him to look how he is now with Sven buying players for him and him making butthurt comments etc and knowing the club are moving on without him and he is having less and less influence i dont think he can handle that.

1 Like

Win the Europa League or he is fucking out. Well, he should leave on a high in this case.

1 Like

Carlo is very experienced. He is also a winner.

The board do have a history of misleading supporters, especially just before season ticket renewals and before transfer windows.

Although I’m not sure the board would release a statement like this knowing that it would destabilise the players, and Wenger himself.

The only thing this release shows, is that the club recognises that it is in a shambles but has no plan or structure in place for when Wenger leaves.

The board are like Wenger.
Making it up as they go along.

2 Likes

Interesting debate.

Do I hear shots fired? :wink:

1 Like

:smiley:

I did think you might decide I aimed that at you but rest assured, that wasn’t the case. #notmymanager is actually ok because it identifies a movement or ideology, however I get (and I shouldn’t) highly irritated at people who would post their picture on social media with a #whatabeautifulday hashtag or whatever.

2 Likes
2 Likes

Woah the view from Arsené’s seat. Yet another top notch goal.com exclusive :giroud2:

Actually nonsense aside, why the hells he in the press box? So he can moan about replays? It would be great if he was covering it for bein :wenger:

2 Likes

The directors box is on the other side of the pitch so takes about 10 minutes to get to the dressing rooms haha

1 Like

It was a great debate but they said nothing that hasn’t been said on this forum for the last few seasons.

I still think he will leave at the end of this season, along with Sanchez and Ozil, and leave any new manager with the biggest mess in the PL.

I genuinely think Wenger is gonna leave maybe at the end of this season. Remember the comments he gave about Sven when we signed Mavropanos. Then he said he will be bought and ‘he looked promising’ but then said he would be chucked straight out on loan but here he is still here but on the bench. Is it that we are low on CBs and he changed his mind…OR is it that he is being strongarmed into using these new players. If it is the latter i cannot see him wanting to work like that after all he has had no one to answer to for so long.

2 Likes