Arsène Wenger

You still don’t make that sort of comment. You say “of course. He has been brought to help our scouting and evaluation and we are excited to add to our already world-class set up”

Fair if you disagree, but I just think it is really odd wording about a new hire. If my boss said something like that after hiring me, I wouldn’t exactly be inspired.

3 Likes

There is nothing in the comment that is bad or good.

We don’t know how it will work out, but the point is THEY identified him as their #1 target, and made it happen in the end, even if they had to get super aggressive and pay over the odds. That is how you eliminate excuses, something we never do.

1 Like

Yeah I get it - you disagree… but I think you are projecting when you say there is some agenda in potential interpretation. AW isn’t exactly communicating super well lately frankly.

The reason I know is because it will be the same as every other season and every transfer window.
The reason I know that is because it always is, and Wenger will never change.

2 Likes

If that’s how you believe a club should conduct itself them you are welcomed to that opinion; from my opinion that would lead to selling clubs exploit you at every turn.

Not really… I would say our situation is certainly worse right now from that perspective. I think you are saying this one data point affects much more than it does in terms of negotiating power. Anyway, I would say preponderance of evidence and contract situations of our best two players and the recent record with our signings makes it perfectly reasonable to be pretty pessimistic about our prospects for the rest of the year and into next year.

3 Likes

I read it the same way lots of others did at first but I think @mhappy is absolutely right, I think Wenger is saying that the new guy may well know of some players at small German clubs. I really don’t think he was calling Dortmund at little club

3 Likes

Yup, that’s exactly how it reads now. :joy:

Sowwy Weng bae. :neutral_face:

2 Likes

Weahs son is a hot prospect and plays for the US U-17s.

Arrogance never pays off.

You know what makes this even worse - our first team have played only league games this season and even City, who are in four competitions, picked a very strong team for their third round tie.

Terrible management again.

11 Likes

Having such a weakened squad in an away tie in the FA cup is madness.

No Lacazette on the bench with the likes of Iwobi and Welbeck starting is sabotage and even more so when they are both allergic to scoring.

He really doesn’t have a clue at all.

2 Likes

Wenger is saving his big players for the big trophy.

The League Cup.

1 Like

Wenger has never lost a third round FA Cup match.

That’s another of his achievements about to be flushed away.

5 Likes

He is truly finished.

It was pretty obvious that a 3rd round FA Cup away from home, to a Championship side, was going to be a tough game. And that would be for a really strong team.

Fielding that pathetic team is just negligence.

6 Likes

We should still be able to beat a team where none of their first team would get in our squad.

3 Likes

You said I was negative by predicting a replay ? Oh dear.

Get out (leave) right now
It’s the end of you and me
It’s too late (now) and I can’t wait for you to be gone
Cause I know
About her (who) and I wonder (why)
How I bought all the lies
You said that you would treat me right
But you was just a waste of time
(waste of time)