Arsène Wenger

Gunnersauras is the one and only fucking person earned the right to retire or leave when he wants.

12 Likes

I love this account so much. :joy::joy::joy::joy:

13 Likes

#whenpeoplemakeupshit

If the gunnersauras leaves before wenger does Wenger gotta go

:laughing:

3 Likes

We’re awesome at that drill…but we all know what happens when the mannequins get the ball…

1 Like

“Always be on the move and watch where your marker is. Vary your movement – run in behind and then come short, or vice-versa. Make your marker feel uncomfortable by running into areas where they don’t want to go. The key is to get a bit of space so you can look for the pass or run with the ball, but once you’ve made a pass don’t sit back and admire it. Look at the Barcelona players: once they’ve released it they make themselves available for another pass.”

Look at the Arsenal players: they don’t.

Lots of ideas and drills in that article that sound nice in theory, but aren’t nearly as well executed in a real match as they should be.

1 Like

I don’t know what the issue is. Whether it’s someone like Theo who goes hiding so he’s not available or Ramsey being too far forward so he’s not available we don’t have the movement to execute a Barca-lite system.

I’m almost 70% convinced that the board has something to do with this, and really don’t want to spend any money. There’s no way they are oblivious to what the fans want or to the opinions of pundits and media everywhere.

Arsene Wenger is a top class manager, and really its amazing that we always finish top four, considering that most of our players are garbage. Where Wenger falters in my opinion is faith in his players and in his transfer policy, outside of highlighting what players he wants and for what position, he shouldn’t have anything to do with transfers. Someone needs to be brought in, that person needs to have the authority to finalise deals and needs to be allowed to get on with his job.

Last year’s transfer window for me was the window I lost faith in Wengers Transfer policy, and realised he never had any intention of ever spending, up until then I gave him the benefit of the doubt . He always said that if the right player was available he would pay the money, and when the right players where available he did fuck all. Last year Arturo Vidal went to Munich for £26 million or so, we let him slip buy only to buy Elneny 4 months later. We were linked with Lacazette, and despite knowing wellbeck would be out until December or January and Lacazette fee being considerably lower we still didn’t make a bid for him, only to try a year later for a much larger sum. I genuinely believe we could of got someone like Aubameyang last year, or a Cavani or maybe Ibrahimovic who was also linked with us on the last day, but we didn’t, instead we bowed down to that cocksucker Walcott, who despite coming off a one year injury and being almost anonymous whilst virtually contributing nothing for the 3/4 months he was back was demanding better wages. Like where does he get off? Why didn’t Wenger just sell him and tell him to fuck off? Why was Wenger willing to pay him what he wanted but not willing to give Ashley Cole, who at the time was arguably one of the world’s best left backs a better deal? Worst is we’ve only been a couple of signings away from winning or seriously challenging for league, that’s what really hurts. Anyway I digress.

My fear is, who ever else we bring in, the board wouldnt let them spend either, Kroenke wants that money so he can buy his $750 million texas Ranch!

3 Likes

Honestly the spending thing is what it is…we don’t know who’s behind it. What we do know is who is behind the shit tactics, the terrible defensive set up, picking the team seemingly out of a hat at times, making hair brained substitutions, and all of the other things in the team selection and what happens on the pitch.

1 Like

But @morrisc311 we do know who is behind it. Arsene is in control of every aspect of it.

The Kallstrom article going around on Reddit was really fascinating because it showed a peek behind the curtain. You had doctors telling Arsene that the player was incapable of playing and it was HIS decision alone to greenlight the loan.

Can you link that Kallstrom article?

1 Like

It doesn’t look so during a game. Most of our passes are awful and we barely know where our players are.

1 Like

There’s a difference between taking an injured Kallstrom on loan (mid season is different, if he can convince the board he needs reinforcements to get top 4) and sanctioning a 60m/200k transfer.

Basically, I just can’t see what’s in it for Wenger to not spend anything of his own free will. He was happy to spend fair enough money at Highbury, not 20m but not pennies either. Now we’re richer than ever, what possible reason is there for him to handicap himself when our future isn’t at risk? We really could spend 89m on Pogba and not be broke. There no way he can believe this is for the good of the club, and there no indication that’s he’s on any kind of bonus.

1 Like

Well, my assumption with this, and clearly going by his comments on the weekend where he answered questions so irritably is that there might be some element of ‘bowing to the hype’.
He makes the decisions at Arsenal. He won’t be roped into transfers that people think he should make, or speculate about. It seems like when the time is right for him, he’ll make a decision on a player.

Wenger is a old school manager and very dogmatic in his ideals, he’d resign on principle if his control to shape the squad in his way was was ever compromised by the board. Without a doubt in my mind Wenger has full control over transfers and spending, his only inhibition is his excessive frugality and overestimation who below average players in the squad.

The money has always been there for Wenger to spend but he’s chosen to emphasise squad cohesion and spending big only significant improvements to squad. The sad truth is that his recent policy has lead to the detriment of the squad

I’ll say it again: it is something that will not be seen with the next manager

9 Likes

^Yeah, it’s this.

There’s overwhelming evidence. His comments in July about not wanting more than 2 or 3 squad additions for the sake of the continuity of the squad were just further evidence.

The conspiracy theories about the board are superfluous. The explanation is no more than what is above.

4 Likes

The man is his own worst enemy…and that has now become a cliché.

This transfer saga is maddening. everybody, EVERYBODY can see what we need but the man goes out and buys Xhaka, i’m glad we have him but he wasn’t a priority. i just don’t get what is going through the mans mind. 3 fucking years (not counting Giroud’s first year), we’ve needed a striker. before that we needed a CB, took him 5 fucking years to get a Goalie, and that only happened because Cech fell into his lap. if the man was willing to move to any city i SERIOUSLY doubt we would have got him.

Wenger has a LONG history of not doing what needs to be done when it comes to transfers (not counting his other failings), and i’m fucking sick of it!

As for Gazidis comments about the fans not knowing the complexities of transfers, i put it to each and every Arsenal fan that the man is wholly and completely incompetent!

5 Likes

How ridiculous to come out and say he’s worried about the 600 staff getting their wages! Fucking idiot!!

Why not take a pay cut yourself then? The more he talks the more embarrassing he becomes

To then mention Real Madrid not spending is just hilarious. If he thinks we can compare ourselves to Real on any level he is more deluded than i ever thought he actually was

6 Likes