Arsène Wenger

You could also argue that other supporters also, “sincerly I don’t understand,” when anyone defends Wenger, even if it is clear he is wrong.

The fact anyone can defend his transfer policy, borders on the insane, and that is what most people can’t understand.

2 Likes

Today, listening a speech of a stand up comedian, I understand a little bit the point of view of who changes the words and the facts to support their fake theories.

People want to see the blood, as when the lions devour people at the Colosseo. People want to see the blood and have the desire to have an enemy to forget their frustrations.

Anything he will do, for you Wenger will make an error in any case.

If he will buy Higuain, I’m sure to read people who blame him because our attack will be better.

2 Likes

If be were to buy a really top class striker after several years that would be incredibly welcome but it doesn’t mean that he can’t still face criticism. The summer business as a whole has to be taken into account. For example I couldnt have been happier with our goalkeeper signing last season but taken as a whole our summer transfer business was a fucking disaster. Hes got a lot to think and worry about as a manager and like it or not if he neglects any of it hes open to criticism.

4 Likes

Tbh I’ll probably lay off him a little once he ties up Draxler and Higuain over the next couple of weeks.

Maxi,

I believe there was a few times when Wenger put the right lineup onto the field, made the right substitutions at the right timing, most of us (if not all) still gave him credit.
What you said (bash him whatever he does) was not true.

Getting Xhaka was good, if we can get Higuain (I am still against the swap deal but it is still kind of an “upgrade” on Giroud) it will be great.
Still, this is not the end. Wenger needs to find the right lineup, right tactics and right players to accompany Higuain to maximize their abilities and potentials. Those are all Wenger’s job.

Signing Higuain but playing Sanogoal next to him is a shit move and I am sure you won’t be happy about this also.

tbh it would be a lot easier to accept valid criticism if it wasn’t worded in a way that makes you believe that Wenger happened to stumble across the players while playing Pokemon in the park.

Your claim that Wenger didn’t plan on buying Özil or Sanchez is speculative at best and you have nothing to actually back it up, yet it’s been thrown out there over and over again.

6 Likes

In other words; you’re going to slag Wenger off until the end of his Arsenal career hehehe.

1 Like

No prove correct, but on his words of how he’s always saying players need to be available more than anything else, one could think he wasn’t planning for their arrivals, but they did fall on his path more than anything else. Not to take any credit away of him actually making the signings.

[quote=“PPB, post:46, topic:125”]
tbh it would be a lot easier to accept valid criticism if it wasn’t worded in a way that makes you believe that Wenger happened to stumble across the players while playing Pokemon in the park.

Your claim that Wenger didn’t plan on buying Özil or Sanchez is speculative at best and you have nothing to actually back it up, yet it’s been thrown out there over and over again.
[/quote]Ozil was sold by Real Madrid to fund the signing of Bale, so it would be fair to say that Wenger bought him because the opportunity arose rather than him trying to buy him for several seasons.

The fact he went out and bought Sanchez the season after, even though it was obvious we were desperate for a striker would also suggest Sanchez wasn’t a player he was particularly interested in, but more to do with him being available at a reasonable price.

@SDGooner @InvincibleDB10
That’s usually how transfer works when you buy from the Top3 (Real Madrid, Barcelona, Bayern München… PSG and ManCity to an extent too). I don’t see any other clubs in the Premier League having success at actively chasing players from one of these, because it’s impossible to do so. One that comes in mind is Chelsea buying Fabregas, but the circumstances were quite similar to how Arsenal bought Özil or Sanchez. Cesc became available and suddenly they were after him.

You’ve got a point that Arsene is hesitant at doing so with other clubs (and that’s something that bothers me too), but these two definitely would have only happened if they were pushed to be sold and not because any other club actively chased them for many years.

Also it’s known that Wenger is a long time admirer of Özil, but sadly he happened to choose Real Madrid over Arsenal.

2 Likes

No No.
Real Madrid & Barcelona just love Wenger and they offer players out of goodwill.

Let’s hope Neymar & Varane are at the end of their next offer.

1 Like

Real Madrid needed to sell Ozil in order to get Bale.
You accuse others of stupid arguments, yet you come out with stuff like this.
You don’t even maker sense.

2 Likes

So?
You say that as if they insisted that they will only sell to Arsenal.
Everyone was free to bid more than what Arsenal bid.

And too bad you are trying to find sense in a post clearly meant to not make sense.

So are you saying that is the reason why we shouldn’t do business early? In case we can pick up some scraps from the big clubs? WE ARE A FUCKING BIG CLUB. gawd fucking damn it I hate the small time mentality that permeates half of the Arsenal support. Are you fucking blind? Can you read Swiss Ramble?

1 Like

Did i say we shouldn’t do business early?

No I didn’t.
You clearly are reading more into this than I wrote, or meant.
I really don’t understand what you are talking about.

Well you seem to be stupefied as to why other clubs didn’t outbid us for Ozil, and that is why, because they had their teams done and dusted because you know, the fucking season had started already.

2 Likes

Good lord man.
Shut the fuck up.

I could really tolerate criticism towards Wenger, if it came from Intelligent people.

2 Likes

You would think a new site = fresh new start. But hasn’t taken long for this thread to carry on last the previous one it seems :santi:

3 Likes

It’s useless to debate @Trion

Change the events to blame him is the modus operandi.