Arsène Wenger

They’re building him a statue which I believe was approved by him so hopefully we see him back at the Emirates soon.

Glad Arteta made an attempt to bring his presence back at the club.

Don’t let @BigWeng_4LYFE watch this.

I understand that Wenger can’t be considered the greatest for quite a few good reasons.

But the advantage of having more knowledge about world football than other PL managers is such a bullshit reason.

What stopped Ferguson and co from knowing about French players. They were all on display during WC 1998.

For instance - Robert Pires was on the bench in the final. What stopped Liverpool from buying him.

Felt like a 2008-2011 defeat under Wenger today, control lots of the game but somehow manage to lose 3-1.

1 Like

Yeah a game where we domniated and should win but somehow end up losing.

The fucking mentality at this club is weird, away at OT and we crumble. Fed up with it up

3 Likes

No need for Arsene Wenger talk today.

One defeat, I’m not going to be overly pessimistic. Must beat Everton in our next PL game, though

5 Likes

It’s a mentality thing as much as anything else at this club, all started in those late Wenger years. How can we dominate at OT and then crumble like that, just weak as fuck

1 Like

I fail to see what Wenger has to do with anything this team has to do apart from the presence of Xhaka & Holding.

5 Likes

And Nketiah

Was nothing like Wenger, players didnt give up trying to the end.

1 Like
4 Likes

Amazing comments today from Arsene, hope he comes back to the Emirates some day, even just as a fan!

2 Likes

Never heard him mention he turned down clubs before. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Great manager

Loved his service for the club

Such… a… class… act

3 Likes

He’s a different breed. Don’t think we’ll see the likes of him again and I don’t just mean here at Arsenal.

6 Likes

He gave everything to the club, and there are achievements and memories that will stay with me forever.

Always came across as a really good human being too.

The latter years are forgotten already as far as my memory of him goes. 3 Leagues and 7 FA Cups. Changing English football. Building upon our footballing identity as a club, making us unique amongst our rivals. Signing some of our greatest ever players, giving us world class talent to watch every week. His stature in the game gave us more stature.

It’s always nice to hear from the big man from time to time. His footballing IQ is elite. Speaks about the game in a way that shows you how deeply he understands it.

7 Likes

Le Boss :heart:

9 Likes

I don’t really care for the tweet…the video however

7 Likes

That yellow away kit with the burgundy shorts was an absolute abomination.