Arsène Wenger

:giroud2:

7 Likes

He stayed in the job for 10 more years after this interview…

I sincerely wish for Wenger to have the greatest of send-offs. But let’s be real here. Wenger time and time had the opportunity to fix mistakes. It wasn’t either like he adhered to his ‘philosophy’ the past five years or so.

4 Likes

I hate Gary Lineker commenting on Wenger. If ever there was the embodiment of the media doing a 180 on Wenger, it’s him.

Openly mocking Wenger at the end of Match of the Day (glad I don’t watch that shit. At the time, I remember asking if he would do the same to Ferguson? As it happens, he’s never done it to another manager since). Openly mocks him, now he’s waxing lyrical.

Le Boss :giroud2:

9 Likes

Fuck France! USA!!! USA!!! USA!!!

Fucking hell I wanted Wenger out so badly but watching this :sob::sob::sob:

https://twitter.com/bbcthree/status/987267576165171201

13 Likes

I fucking love that.

3 Likes

Melts the heart.

3 Likes

When you come to the end of it

4 Likes

That’s a tear jerker right there.

1 Like

Heartbreaking.

I feel pretty awful about how he was treated.

Hope he joins a big club and smashes it!

2 Likes

I’d be stunned if he gets a gig at a big club, as good as he was, I think it’s pretty common knowledge now that he’s finished.

Like I said earlier, I think people underestimate the esteem and respect he has in the football world. If any of the top clubs lose a manager this summer, I wouldn’t be surprised if they tapped Arsene.

A reset at another club is probably exactly what he needs. I don’t think Wenger has lost it, he was just at Arsenal too long. He needs a change of scenery. Guy is a living legend, wouldn’t be surprised if a big team comes in.

7 Likes

We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

He’s a great man and been brilliant for Arsenal, but sentiment aside I think everyone knows he’s done as a top manager, so I’d be stunned if he got offered a top job out of respect.

I think these days a lot of that respect is down to him being an awesome human being and great guy rather than a fantastic manager.

Also fuck me that BBC three vid, that was sad AF.

From 1:00 onwards with the shot of Thierry in Paris :cry:

3 Likes

Exactly and I can’t see a top European club offering him a managers position because of that.

Worse managers have been hired for less at big clubs lol

If Zidane fucked up royally and got sacked tomorrow I think Wenger would be in the running as a potential candidate with a strong chance.

I’m actually fairly certain Emery will get the sack and Wenger taking over at PSG would seem like a natural choice.

1 Like

All I’m saying is that if Moyes can get the United job and Benitez can get the Real Madrid job then Wenger can do the same.

Now there might not be an opening at Barca or Real which is a different matter all together.

1 Like

I think Tuchel is a near certainty for PSG according to reports.

:heart:

5 Likes