Arsenal Vs West Ham United (PL)

Unfortunately Bellerin is also a massive liability defensively. If he’s fit, Lichsteiner should be starting.

5 Likes

Didnt watch the game, but 3-1 looks decent. First 3 points of the season lads ! Was it a convincing win ?

Not at all

Looking forwardto the highlights i guess :gabriel: how was Ramsey?

Personally thought he did very well, especially in the second half.
Weird match, could have gone either way really.

That Auba and Laca need to play together was very evident in this game. Auba with a “Henry” role on the left but more central. Both have great build up play and flick ons.
The defence and central midfield is a real mess though but atleast we would have a great strike force :grin:

Also how badly we are crying out for a winger, literally begging for it.

Gagging for it like a stranded sailor is for freshwater after drinking 5 litres of salt water

2 Likes

Theo with 2 goals and an assist btw…

And when you couple him up with Mkhitaryan, our whole right side is just an utter shit show.

I get that the system will take time to refine, but in the meantime, we abso-fucking-lutely need to be starting Torreira every game. He at least covers the gaps and reads danger unlike Xhaka who exacerbates all of our defensive issues.

When you add Mustafi and Cech into the mix, our defensive spine is an utter shambles.

1 Like

Yep - this is big, big problem, right there with our tragic CB. The combo of Micki/Bellerin and Monreal/Iwobi is asking for trouble against pace on the wing.

Ramsey imho was one of our better players today… he could easily have scored 2 and set up at least one. He nearly hit Arnautovic style laser to bottom corner and also had a deflected shot saved brilliantly by Fabs… also, he made deep, deep run to goal line, cut it back for Auba who probably should have scored - blocked well by defender and it spun wide for corner. He also had a great run fed by Auba where he turned and shot first time in pen box, blocked excellently by defender.

3 Likes

2 at the back #YOLO :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Interesting

I think once Torreira is in the side we’ll have a player who will cover the fullbacks much better when they’re pushed up that far. We need it that’s for sure…

Guendouzi playing deeper than Bellerin lmao. I mean if we are gonna play this way then let’s play our actual legit holding midfielders ffs. I think we’d be better if we started Lucas (OBVIOUSLY) and Elneny. Elneny for all the grief he takes is a good player imo. He rarely makes mistakes, is a tireless worker, an constantly moves to get into position to receive passes. Wenger played him as almost a 3rd CB at points last season and he thrived there. Lucas can play a bit more forward but I do feel like he’s a pretty good passer.

8 Likes

Elneny is class for me our midfield two should be Elnens and Lucas :sunglasses:

Then everyone else can be attacking as fuck as they two stay back and help the defence

1 Like

The only reason people romanticise Elneny is because he doesnt get his game. If he were playing weekly it wouldn’t be long before arsenal fans got on his back about his average contribution to midfield. He’s a nothing player who can’t even usurp a nineteen year old and Swiss traffic cone.

Woeful shape :persevere:

He basically never gives the ball away stupidly, something which we can’t say about anyone else in that midfield at the moment. He’s a safe pair of hands and can be very useful at times imo.

3 Likes

I’d like to see this pairing as well. Would give much better protection for the back line. Better teams will have a field day with the all of the space back there.

1 Like