Arsenal vs Watford (PL)

No one outside of Watford can stand Troy Deeney :wenger: But you made your point after the first 5 times Luca so :wink:

It was a pretty drab performance till halfway through the second half of the game. Lots of silent nerves in the stands till we scored.

Credit to Watford who looked really organised. Dacoure looked a beast in the middle and was right on our players heels at every opportunity.

Massive shoutout to Rob Holding today, personally my MOTM. Look extremely composed at the right times, was winning aerial duels and making impprtant blocks and tackles throughout. He didnt put a foot wrong today.

My boy Laca is still on fire though. There was bemusement amongst the fans when Auba came off instead of Lacazette, but the substitutions turned out to be perfect. Moving Ozil through the middle and taking ineffective Ramsey off worked wonders, and Welbeck was awesome off the bench.

Late win but 3 points is 3 points. Five on the trot and we have great momentum now.

3 Likes

Canā€™t comment on the game as I didnā€™t see it but a hard fought win from us.

We never won 7 games in a row (all comps) last season ever so already an improvement!

Onto Baku right now

Tbh, a heck of a lot of our games have been lile that. Newcastle, Everton, Watford. All very drab, uninventive first halves. Better opposition would have picked us off at ease, as has been proven by both Chelsea and Man City.

We are very Wenger-like in the first half. We need to start like a house on fire, purposefully, and wanting to score in the first 10 mins. There doesnā€™t seem to be any signs of it at the minute

Our defense sucks ass but weā€™re actually fighting which is good to see. 4 points off top tied for 4th in points; this is going well imo. Weā€™ll see what kind of loss Cech is.

2 Likes

The key change Iā€™ve seen so far.

In Heathrow awaiting my plane home after a great day out. :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Just watched the replay as I feel asleep about 15 mins in last night due to do much drinking on Grand Final day. Seems like Iā€™m saying this every game now, yet another win with yet another unconvincing performance.

1 Like

Only 4 points off the top now. I can smell the league title from here :smirk:

I can still smell it too.
It was quite a while ago but it still smells good :wink:

1 Like

Iā€™m at a loss on how the comms could come to this conclusion. Other than itā€™s Tony Gale and heā€™s a biased brainless cunt. At the time of the incident I thought if the ref had gone talked to the lino heā€™d have had no choice but to give Deeny the second yellowā€¦which is why he didnā€™t go talk to himā€¦

3 Likes

He also said Arsenal need Deeney in the squad :rofl:

2 Likes

Pissed me off on how unbelievably biased that bit of commentary was.

1 Like

Tony Gale has been anti Arsenal since forever. Literally the only commentator I cannot stand. Absolute cunt butler.

2 Likes

Yeah is either really, really stupid and has no concept of how that collision occurred or massively biased - I reckon its bothā€¦ his love of Deeney says enoughā€¦ its ok to appreciate him on a team like Watford, but give me a break - the guy has no place near Arsenal. FFS Iā€™ll take Welbeck over him for our squad and I want Welbeck gone yesterday.

YES. Yes.

This!!! Sometimes when i listen to him I get so pissed and this is what i shall shoutā€¦

An odious cunt butler.

1 Like

I genuinely donā€™t get why heā€™s anti Arsenal. Iā€™ve noticed it, like everyone else. Is it because of his West Ham allegiance?

Heā€™s as thick as two planks anyway. Being disliked by Tony Gale is like a fat bird saying she doesnā€™t wanna shag ya.

4 Likes

Even more upsetting and insulting?

4 Likes

Maybe because he is just a prick?

To be honest, I had no idea who this Tony Gale was other than his broadcast drivel.

2 Likes

Heā€™s a nobody. I can remember watching him on Sky Sports on their GSS programme and heā€™d make a number of mistakes, forgetting the team he was watching, reversing the scoreline, etc.

Not sure if he got sacked from there, but itā€™d kinda make sense if he did.