Arsenal vs Tottenham (Premier League)

It’s quite obviously that in fairness so I was being a bit disingenuous when I said I had no idea.

1 Like

LOL I’ve got the same wallpaper now

1 Like

Bet you gave it both barrels yesterday at the end :wink:

1 Like

I’m only human!

1 Like

I’m glad you mentioned that , we were discussing this down the pub and it’s nothing remotely to do with
The Arsenal , strange choice .
It’s hardly a chest beating tune , ideal for late night shopping at Iceland but going into battle on the pitch ?
Hardly !

1 Like

The song is dodgy as fuck.

In a 2007 interview, Diamond stated the inspiration for his song was John F. Kennedy’s daughter, Caroline, who was eleven years old at the time it was released.

1 Like

listens carefully to the lyrics again

1 Like

I think everyone in the stadium should do the Spongebob victory screech.

While those moves weren’t Wenger I also think the StatDNA signings of Gabriel, Perez, Mustafi and maybe Xhaka (although that one I think Wenger wanted) were more the work of Gazidis and that’s why many of them didn’t play after we spent loads on them. Xhaka I think maybe the exception with Wenger calling him the year before.

Aubameyang and Lacazette were also long term targets, so it wasn’t like Wenger didn’t want them before Mislinat came in or they were signed against his judgement.

Szczesny will forever be a gooner! Even at Juve he watches our Derby and wishes North London to be red. :smiley:

We needed a bench player when we signed Gabriel. Our only centre backs at the time of his signing were Koscielny, Mertesacker and Chambers. Mustafi has been starting every match for Arsenal when available. I think he has started on the bench only three-five times in his two-and-a-half year here. The only player that didn’t get minutes was Perez.

Never happened. Wenger was in complete control

2 Likes

Gabriel was big money at the time and he was talked about as StatDNA when he was signed. We thought at the time he was signed to start but Wenger didn’t trust him hardly ever. Eventually we sort of see why because he’s terrible on the ball and error prone.

All of these players had good stats for interceptions/tackles but it didn’t take into account defensive errors or ball playing ability.

Perez had excellent stats the season before but he obviously wasn’t a Wenger type player. We’d chased Lacazette prior to that and baulked at the price. The whole set up with Dick Law, Gazidis and Wenger hadn’t been working for a long time but it fell apart in the final seasons worse than ever.

Wasn’t he like 14m quid? Was that a lot at the time?

1 Like

Reported as 16m then downgraded but a record all the same I think. It was also around the time people were getting sick of Mertesacker

According to the Guardion it was 11.3 million pounds. Even for Arsenal at that time that was very good to do. That wasn’t big money at all.

1 Like

Yeah I think you’re off with the Gabriel one - he was a shade over £11 million and we signed him a year after PSG had paid £50 million for David Luiz. I think we got him at a good price.

Fuck up with that shit excuse. “A child dropped it and I just picked it up without thinking”

:joy::joy: Hope he was sacked from his work aswell

1 Like

He should be punished but not to this extent.

2 Likes