Arsenal vs Southampton (Premier League)

We’ve struggled against them recently, loosing 4-0 at their ground last season, It’s payback time, they’ve started the season poorly and sold a couple of first-teamers.

Good joke. Now post your serious post

1 Like

This is our next game after the international break right? Should easily win 3-0 considering we play the same team as we did v Watford. No Giroud please, Walcott, Özil, Alexis worked perfectly last time

Happy with this interlull considering how down and up Arsenal have been in these 3 matches. 5 points adrift but it’s time for Wenger to find the right balance, get his new players acclimated, figure out Ramsey’s role when he returns and get on a roll.

I’m with @Drayton on waiting for the prediction, hoping to avoid any stupid injuries.

I will really hate gloating at you when it happens. :slight_smile:

Just seen its our second consecutive Saturday 3PM game! When was the last time that happened?!

The game against Hull will be on a Saturday 3PM too.

1 Like

I would go with this:

Looks so good on paper apart from Walcott but we have no one else

4 Likes

It looks amazing on paper! Think that should be our team in the Champions League group stages.

4 Likes

I’d rather Perez on a wing and Giroud upfront.

1 Like

It would suprise me a lot if Wenger is going to start Perez already. If he’s going to conquer that CF-position anyway.

Is it Saturday already? Ffs, it’s taking so long.

5 Likes

I’ll be surprised if Perez starts. Expecting Walcott Giroud Sanchez, ozil Xhaka Cazorla. Maybe Coquelin to come in for Xhaka.

1 Like

No chance of Perez starting. In fact he wont start till our first league cup game. Hope he comes off the bench against Soton though.

1 Like

I actually was pretty cool with the early break. Slow start to the season, 45 minutes of vintage Arsenal against Watford. Sure after getting a win you want to keep the momentum going, but with the new acquisitions last week to hopefully get acclimated to the team. The fitness levels raised for the players. Now I’m ready for the season to start, well, re-start.

1 Like

I’d prefer the first round of internationals to be the week before the season starts tbh, so annoying having a pause after 3 weeks.

Anyway I’m looking forward to seeing us back in action, especially with two new additions to the squad.

1 Like

I agree.
To miss a whole PL week just for a game against Slovakia is ridiculous.
They should have fewer international breaks but make them slightly longer to fit around four or five games in.

As for the game against Southampton, if anyone had told me Walcott might be starting for us upfront, before the seasons had started, I wouldn’t have believed it.

Perez will start against PSG imo.

------------------------Cech---------------------
Hector—Mustafi—Kosh—Nacho
----------------Xhaka-----Santi--------------
Walcott-------------Özil-------------Alexis
------------------------Perez--------------------

Going to this one - I want both the new boys to start personally. Excited to see them in the flesh!

4 Likes