Arsenal Vs Southampton (PL)

By an Arsenal dvd and cheer yaself up

1 Like

much better

3 Likes

I wonder how much he means the situation and how much he means Xhaka?

Teams like saints get found out when made favourites in games like this.
We will come from a goal down with an Auba winner after Pepe cancels out their early lead.
So much easier getting behind a Xhaka free team.

2 Likes

Not sure if the morning coffee is just hitting extra good but I feel confident today.

Keep getting flashbacks to the game in 2014 another midweek December home match against Southampton. Sanchez scored the winner in the last minute after alderweird went off injured.

2 Likes

We got this.

2 Likes

Areta v Hassenhuttl.
Incompetent novice v competent tactician.
We can’t keep losing at home and, although five home losses in a row would be record breaking, it’s got a bit boring now so I’ll go 1-1 draw, with a totally unconvincing performance.

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter if we lose 5 or 10 in a row, the crooks in charge won’t get rid of their own guy.

Southampton are playing to a much higher level than us. 0-3 Saints.

3 Likes

We’re at the reactionary point of desperation now, will be interesting to see what type of team Mikel puts out tonight in an effort to save himself.

1 Like

I think Arteta will go all out to not lose this game so expect it to be even more boring and drab than usual. Won’t be surprised if he benches Auba and puts Laca and Eddie to run around all night. Having said that, all they need is a free kick anywhere around our box and Mr. Ward-Prowse would be in business.

I don’t see us winning this I think the players are just no buying into Mikel’s ideas anymore. A draw is the best we can hope for. Unfortunately, a draw might prolong Mikel’s stint at the helm.

3 Likes
3 Likes

If Arteta wants to win this game he has to drop the players who don’t put enough effort in or are not good enough.

Luckily both Bellerin and Xhaka are suspended so that means either Cedric or AMN will be starting at right back both who are better than Bellerin offensively and positionally. Cedric being better at putting crosses in, AMN being better defensively.

In the middle of the park no Xhaka means we can see Ceballos start, which should give us so more energy and drive in the middle of the park. AMN could also be a good option in the middle in reckon.

I don’t want to see Eddie start, and would rather we give Balogun a chance now (I think he provides a lot better link up play and presses better than Eddie does). I think upfront Pepe, Auba, Saka would be good. With ESR and Balogun as subs.

Maybe at the back bring Saliba in, and start bedding him into the team. Anything has to be better than holding and Mustafi.

5 Likes

If @Stroller is optimistic then so am I

3-0 with Xhaka banished to the shadow realm. Gimme.

3 Likes

I think don’t think we will win. I can’t see anything changing. Southampton have been very good this season and under a great manager and they have one of the best strikers in the league

3-0 to The Arsenal

1 Like

Where’s the motivation for the fringe players to come in and perform tonight? They know they’ll be outta the team once teta’s favourites are back :weary:

You get an opportunity you take it.

1 Like

If the only changes he makes to this lineup are the enforced ones, then I’ve completely run out of things to say…

2 Likes

No Xhaka is good, but Ceballos isn’t that better. I won’t be excited because he can start, which he has enough appearance this season.

1 Like
1 Like