Arsenal Vs Olympiacos (UEL)

I think the tie is in the bag too but if we play anything other than our strongest 11 tonight then Arteta is an absolute dickhead.

Only player who should be considered being rested is Saka and it’s because he’s looked a little tired out there as of late.

Just a reminder that this is a 17:55 KO

2 Likes

True. Pepe looking sharp helps too.
I also wouldn’t mind Elneny in place of either Partey or Xhaka. But that’s it. Can’t risk much at this stage.

This bugs me.

The kick off time. Not the reminder.

1 Like

I know just make it 18:00 ffs :joy:

Isn’t a timing thing for channels to have enough time for pre-game shows and ads for the games at 20:00?

1 Like

Wanna see a second string side tonight tbh. Get Balogun on the bench.

I think it will be a “strong” 11 but doesn’t have to be the strongest.

Enough to start on the front foot and kill the tie early. And with the 5 subs rule, if it looks like going tits up we can change half the team.

For me, the ideal scenario is play the big hitters up front (minus Saka) and score early. Then take them off and calmly control the game whilst Olympiakos chase shadows and fading hopes

1 Like
1 Like

The balls of this guy.

I agree.
They are going to have to attack from the start, which I’m sure Arteta is aware of, so we can take advantage and catch them on the break.
If we can get an early goal then Olympiacos will have to score four to win which, for notoriously poor away Greek teams, is unlikely.
Then we can make some changes at half time and sit on the lead.

Pepe starting, Television plugged in for @BizzySignal

3 Likes

Arteta: wHaT’s RoTaTiOn??

1 Like

Fine with this team

1 Like

I didn’t know I could get aids from looking at a midfield 3…but there we go.

5 Likes

Xhaka, Ceballos, Elneny. The place where football goes to die.

4 Likes

Is that Ceballos as the 10?

Interesting that Willian isn’t in the team given that he didn’t start Sunday.

I hope if the match is going well that Tierney and Smith-Rowe get a rest after 50-60 minutes.

Partey’s clearly not fully fit so he gets a pass and Saka on the pine is the right call.

No Odegaard is very annoying though, looks like we’re going out to defend our lead which usually makes more a stressful night.

1 Like

Only competition that can save our season, fuck rotation now.

1 Like

Maybe he is injured?

2 Likes