Arsenal vs Norwich (PL)

Would be nice for a change. Look what it did to Liverpool.

Letā€™s hope we can build on this sensational win against the giants of Norwich in our next, much tougher match, away to title favourites Burnley.

Why is it, after a win, supporters talk as weā€™ve turned a corner.
Until Arteta, Edu, Kroenke and Xhaka go, weā€™re mid table fodder.

2 Likes

Apologies, what a huge crime it was to acknowledge Tomiyasuā€™s promising debut and that the squad seems balanced

5 Likes

Positivity is not allowed!!

3 Likes

Honestly all Iā€™ve really heard is HOPE that this represents a corner is turned. No one is convinced yet.

4 Likes

You guys need to start wishing for more realistic things, such as stop world hunger, world peace, etc.

1 goal scored and 9 conceded in 4 games tells you otherwise

2 Likes

Atleast in terms of personnel, we can say we have enough players with promise in the squad.

Ramsdale, Tomiyasu, White, Gabriel, Tierney on paper is a young promising bunch of players.

Auba - Saka - Pepe, backed by Ode & ESR is a decent attack.

Lokonga has had a decent start to Arsenal career and can make a good pairing with Partey. We can afford to be a little optimistic that we can sort things a bit going ahead.

2 Likes

The Norwich game is the first time in a long time Iā€™ve looked at our first 11 and not wanted to throw up in my mouth a little.

It is hopeful but itā€™s also very young and that could possibly lead to some naivety over the season. Weā€™re also very thin in terms of depth which is a concern.

My big hope is we get to see these players feature together every week and begin to build confidence and composure together.

Arteta canā€™t overthink it, get Partey in for AMN and this is the formation for the season, keep it, build on it.

7 Likes

Agree completely.

But you know that when we play another big team at home, heā€™ll try and innovate FOOTBALL AS WE KNOW IT playing Ramsdale as a false DLP and Aubamayeng in the new ā€œcaptain of my heartā€ role. It will be revolutionary. It will also be complete shite.

2 Likes

Agreed that this should be the default first team, maybe with two variations we play sometimes. Against poor opposition at home or when chasing, Smith-Rowe for Lokonga and play the 4-3-3 that we did toward the end of the game against Norwich. And depending on form and fitness I think Smith-Rowe could come into the side for either Saka or Pepe (if coming in for Pepe, Saka moving to RW).

It feels like a lot of our season will rest on whether we can keep the starting defense plus Partey healthy. If all those guys give us 33-35 league starts, we can build some real continuity and a strong platform for the rest of the team. If players like Holding, Mari, Cedric, and Tavares are in and out of the side regularly, weā€™re not going anywhere.

1 Like

Why Ramsdale should be the default first 11??

Basically he did no fuck in the Norwich game and just showing up and he is now our default starter?

Come on, enough masturbation.

His distribution is pretty solid and he looks good with his feet for now. Also he winds up the Emi Martinez fan boys and thatā€™s enough for me.

1 Like

Leno is off next summer. Iā€™d rather we blood in his replacement as early as we can.

2 Likes

ā€œsolidā€
ā€œone game against Norwichā€
ā€œlooks goodā€

I donā€™t mean to judge him in May, but one game doing no fuck and hyping him upā€¦ WTF???

He is ā€œgoodā€ in distribution is basically White being good in passing and distributing the ballā€¦

Want to see his true distributing ability when we are facing a more decent team and a team knows how to press and minimizing the time and space for the keeper to pass the ball

1 Like

He has also looked good in two games now.

1 Like

I donā€™t see much hype. Generally people just think heā€™s an upgrade to Leno.

2 Likes

Losing three games straight though and conceding 10 goals itā€™s no big thing swapping keepers.
Especially one you have invested heavily in. Sure heā€™s got it all too prove but thereā€™s no real issue here.

It wouldnā€™t surprise me if we sold Leno in January, he clearly feels like he has outgrown us and thatā€™s fair enough as heā€™s had to play with a disastrous team, may as well make the switch now and integrate Ramsdale in with this younger defence.

People wonā€™t like it but this season is going to be filled with teething pains. I can tolerate that as long as itā€™s fresh new faces who are eager to play for the club rather than the same old shitters collecting a pay cheque and nothing more.

1 Like

I have no problem swapping keepersā€¦
Just the hype that bothers me.
Can we just be more realistic? It is not positivity or negativityā€¦ justā€¦ be realistic.

IMO, Tiramisu has a much much better debut for us.
A TRUE good debut

1 Like