Arsenal Vs Middlesbrough (Premier League)

• Arsenal win
  • Draw
  • Middlesbrough win

0 voters

Saturday 21 October 2016
Emirates Stadium
Gameweek 9
KO: 15:00

Match Stats:

Arsenal have won only one of their last six Premier League fixtures against Middlesbrough (D4 L1).

Arsenal have won six of their last eight home matches against Boro in the Premier League (D2).

This match is on the same day as Arsene Wenger’s 67th birthday. He has won his two previous Premier League fixtures on his birthday, 1-0 v Man City in 2005 and 4-0 v Reading in 2006.

The Gunners have scored one, two, three, four, five, six and seven goals in Premier League matches against Middlesbrough – one of four clubs to do so against another in the PL (also Chelsea v Sunderland, Everton v Sunderland and Manchester City v Norwich City).

2 Likes

Got a feeling this will be a frustrating game but ultimately we will edge it and win 2-1.

Tottenham away to Bournemouth, City at home against Southampton and Chelsea vs. Manure. Need to take advantage of it with a win.

1 Like

-----------------------Cech---------------------
Bellerin—Mustafi—Kosh—Nacho
------------Elneny--------Santi--------------
Walcott-----------Iwobi-------------TheOx
-----------------------Perez----------------------

This is a crazy lineup that won’t happen but I’m getting worried for Özil and Santi. They are so important for us and they’ve played almost every minute.

1 Like

Easy win or a banna skin ? Easy win Walcott hatrick ,rest Ozil and Sanchez plse !

Can’t Ozil and Sanchez have a rest midweek against Reading ?

1 Like

Exactly that + he pretty much had a rest vs Nothern Ireland during the International break, played 45 minutes but he was strolling.

1 Like

Patience maybe required but they are poor at the moment and were playing well.
2 0 win with Sanchez getting both of them.

5-1 to Arsenal

I can’t see them scoring, and as long as we score early, we should win comfortably, maybe by two or three clear goals.

1 Like

For the bullies that we are, we are not going to lose points here.

3 Likes

Don’t risk Cazorla

2 Likes

Yep, Elneny-Coquelin should be good enough to beat Boro.

I predict a home win.

As said in another thread, this 7 wins in a row thing isn’t going to get much acclaim while it’s teams like Basel, Ludogorets, Forest, Burnley, Hull etc. but all we can do is keep racking up the points before the big head-to-heads come up.

5 Likes

Yeah with the Achilles concerns going into the season we just can’t afford to risk him her, give him the game off and midweek then hopefully he is ready to return vs Sunderland.

Games like this are the ones, aside from the points, are where we can rack up some goal difference, too. Never a bad idea when the league is so tight at the top every year. There’s no goal threat from Boro, so let’s bury them deep. 5-0 for us.

1 Like

tbh I don’t see Middlesbrough as fodder. There definitely a quality side there

Away sure maybe. At the Emirates? We should crush them.

comfortable 3-0 win here for us tomorrow I think!

musnt get complacent focus ,play at pace and beat em but no grandstanding and if they have a pacey player dont leave him unmarked for an hour like last week. Then all shall be rosey in the autumnal wenger garden . Crowd should sing happy birthday to the old man too.

1 Like