Arsenal Vs Manchester United (PL)

My brother (ManU fan) thinks we played quite well against Chelsea and that there have been improvements, with their Redcafe forum echoing that vibe.

Solksjaer would have been watching our team closely I imagine, as Arteta will be an unknown quantity for him based on a small sample size.

Man Utd might aim to turn up the intensity late on if they believe we will start flagging towards the end of the match, like we did against Chelsea.

However the key will be taking advantage quickly of any opportunity and being extremely clinical, I would not be comfortable with just a 1 goal lead again.

These players hadn’t taken the lead in a match for so long until yesterday, and whilst we held on admirably for a while, we will need a 2+ goal cushion to fall back on when the pressure inevitably is turned on us for now.

1 Like

Strangely enough I think we will win this, I don’t know why I think this but the gun I bought doesn’t have any bullets and I’m fed up listening to the clicks.

3 Likes

I just want to fucking win :sob:

4 Likes

I’m worried that Leno got broken vs Chelsea and now he’s just going to go down the road of all our other flappy GKs.

He’ll be alright. German steel.

1 Like

There’s a three letter word at the end of your sentence.
I’ve forgotten what it means. :grinning:

It’s quite a conundrum trying to work out what it means…

Hard to predict an Arsenal win given we’ve won 1 match in 15 all comps and 1 of our last 12 in the league.

I’m just worried we’ll play well in patches like vs Chelsea, but when we get careless, tired or lack concentration United will simply pick us off.

Fucking hell. No 6-0 from Shammy. Things is bad, I tell ya.

1 Like

Never really believed in this jinxing stuff but Charlie Nicholas really needs to keep his trap shut. Ever since this fucker came into Sky’s prediction shit ahead of Merson we are yet to win a game where he has predicted us to win. He’s not really a lucky charm.

Really dislike United. Let’s smash these cunts.

3 Likes

We will beat them.

1 Like

Good to have them coming back, esp Ceb and Martinelli

Great news.

Leno, AMN, Mustafi, Luiz, Saka, Xhaka, Torreira, Martinelli, Ozil, Auba, Nelson

That’s my prediction.

Leno, AMN, Mustafi, Luiz, Saka, Ceballos, Torreira, Martinelli, Ozil, Pepe, Auba

That’s my preference.

3 Likes

We’ll still lose but good news

It shouldn’t be physically achievable to lose to a team whose midfield may comprise Matic, Pereira and Lingard.

Over to you Arsenal :+1:

4 Likes

They beat us with 3 defenders in midfield before, so anything is achievable tbh

7 Likes

Plus a team that was in the height of an injury crisis and had an 11 year old Marcus Rashford up front himself

3 Likes

Have you taken a look at our midfield? (tbf Torry looks like a new man atm)