Arsenal Vs Manchester City (FA Cup Semi Final)

is this on bbc 1?

It’s definitely on bbc. What kinda bbc you talking about though :see_no_evil::hear_no_evil:

No. It’s on BT. The other semi final between Chelsea and Man United is on BBC on Sunday.

well that’s annnoying

As always :roll_eyes:

@BigWeng_4LYFE

3 Likes

Lololololol that made me lell IRL thanks :joy::joy:

1 Like

Does anyone think we’ve got a chance today? I’d like to think we could pull off some swashbuckling upset but I just keep having visions of Sterling running through our backline. :gabriel:

1 Like

We’ll get our usual spanking by them :weary:

If we had the 2014-16 squad then I might fancy our chances against a Pep side, but this current lot :-1:

1 Like

I’ll still watch. It’s on at 2:45 here. Do some paperwork and have it on in the background.

I actually think this is a tough one to call. Could go either way really. 8-0 City or 6-0 City.

You’re in us of a?

Yeah, living under the increasingly fascist regime of our Dear Orange Leader. :facepalm:

2 Likes

The Arsenal end of Wembley stadium will today pay tribute to our record 13 Cup wins.

There will be a photographic display for each of the 13, showing a player who was part of the victories.

Arseblog has detailed who the seat displays will refer to:

1930 – Captain Tom Parker holds the FA Cup after beating Huddersfield Town 2-0 in the final at Wembley. It was our first major trophy, under the great innovator, Herbert Chapman.

1936 – Alex James captained the team to the 1-0 win over Sheffield United during a period when we were recognised as the best club side in the world.

1950 – Joe Mercer is carried off the pitch after a famous 2-0 win over Liverpool in another hugely successful era. The Gunners sported unfamiliar gold shirts and white shorts in the final.

1971 – 20-year-old Charlie George – born and raised in Islington – poses with the cup after scoring an extra-time winner to beat Liverpool 2-1, winning us our first ever league and cup ‘double’.

1979 – An ecstatic Alan Sunderland celebrates scoring a last-minute winner to beat Manchester United 3-2 at Wembley. The ‘five-minute final’ was one of the most dramatic ever, with United scoring in the 86th and 88th minutes, only for Sunderland to slide home the winner when extra-time looked certain.

1993 – David Seaman and David O’Leary celebrate with the cup after a game which was one minute away from the first ever penalty shoot-out in FA Cup Final history. Andy Linighan headed a winner against Sheffield Wednesday in a replayed FA Cup Final (2-1).

1998 – Ian Wright lifts the cup aloft in his last season at the club after beating Newcastle 2-0 with goals from Nicolas Anelka and Marc Overmars.

2002 – Ray Parlour celebrates after curling a shot past Carlo Cudicini from 25 yards as we cruised past Chelsea at Cardiff’s Millennium Stadium with goals from Parlour and Freddie Ljungberg.

2003 – A first half goal from Robert Pires was enough to beat Southampton 1-0 in Cardiff.

2005 – A fitting end to Patrick Vieira’s Arsenal career as his spot-kick won the cup with the last kick of the game. We became the first team to win the FA Cup via a penalty shoot-out. Jens Lehmann was our other hero, saving the crucial penalty from Paul Scholes.

2014 – Captain and now Head Coach, Mikel Arteta represents the most dramatic cup final win in our history. 2-0 down against Hull City after just eight minutes, goals from Santi Cazorla and Laurent Koscielny took the game to extra time before a fine finish from Aaron Ramsey sealed a 3-2 win.

2015 – Arsenal’s captain on the day and now Academy Manager, Per Mertesacker passionately celebrates during the emphatic 4-0 and unparalleled 12th FA Cup win against Aston Villa. Theo Walcott, Alexis Sanchez, Per Mertesacker and Olivier Giroud were on target.

2017 – A jubilant Aaron Ramsey celebrates scoring the winner in our 2-1 win over Chelsea, just a minute after Diego Costa had equalised Alexis Sanchez’s opening goal. This was our 13th FA Cup trophy – an unequalled record.

9 Likes

I want to see a mature performance today, there is no shame in losing to a team like City but for the love of God let’s not gift them any goals, red cards, penalties through brain dead passing and defending.

Composure and calmness is everything tonight.

8 Likes

David Luiz has entered the chat

1 Like

Huge game. Feeling some nerves, which has been a while.

Have to be at our best. Expecting us to line up defensively again and suck up City’s pressure. Means our rare breaks have to be on point.

Expecting City will be too much for us, but you never know. Especially at Wembley! Where we’ve beaten them before in a Semi, and they lost a cup final against bloody Wigan.

COYG.

1 Like

Just want us to make a good game of it, anything else really is a bonus.

But, Arsenal in the FA Cup, we have a history in it that City can only dream on so let’s hope that motivates us a little bit more…

if we wanted to try and make the match exciting and fun I’d go with:

--------------------Emi------------------
AMN----Papa------Luiz----Tierney
Guendo--------Dani--------Torreira
---------------------Özil---------------------
----------Pepe------------Auba----------

For park the bus and pray we get lucky and they make mistakes:

--------------------Emi------------------
Mustafi--------Luiz---------Holding
Hector–Willock–Xhaka–Tierney
Nelson----------Laca----------Saka

We can’t do exciting and fun. We’ll get thrashed.

1 Like